Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

1 minute ago, Mixilplix said:

I don't think of the miles as much as if my car breaks down on the way it's gonna cost a lot more than renting a car to get it sorted out...

My office manager used to have a manual transmission car and she’s a shitty driver and went through like 4-5 clutches and when she’d take her kids to Warp tour at Montage she’d rent a car at the Lehigh valley airport because she said that hill would destroy her clutch. I’ve seen her when there’s an inch or two of snow just peel out like the roads are dry...at least she’s good at filing papers and customer service.  Reminds me of this and she’s not Asian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My office manager used to have a manual transmission car and she’s a shitty driver and went through like 4-5 clutches and when she’d take her kids to Warp tour at Montage she’d rent a car at the Lehigh valley airport because she said that hill would destroy her clutch.

WJW when I bought a manual everyone was like, "Oy Salty, Yer gonna burn out yer Clutch cuz you never drove a manny ba-fore". 

And still don't need a new clutch 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Wait...people outside of PASR call you Salty?

He prefers to be called Salty...I believe Enjorales called him by his street name and he said it’s salty.  Quite different from Phillycore who would never call people by their screen name.  I mix it up.  BenM has it good except for when me and Matt Edge start singing ba ba ba Benny and the Jets loljets lol

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Zonked said:

We've been in Wilmington/Lake Placid since Sunday 1/2/2022. First time skiing in 2 years and it felt good to be back out. Worked remotely most of the week. Took off Thursday and today to get some laps in. Typical Northeast ski conditions. Windy, dry and chilly. Snow has been decent though. It was fairly empty yesterday and today which is always nice. Feels like you have the mountain to yourself. We will ski again tomorrow which looks like it will be 32 and sunny.

Sorry I don't have the details like most of the trip reports. We skied a fair amount of vert. Rode the gondola most trips so we skied top to bottom a bunch. Ate at the bottom lodge and usually ordered from the BBQ menu (they have a smoker outside the lodge with some good eats). So yeah Ill post some pictures tomorrow. Visibility hasn't been great so not much to share.

Thanks for the report and glad you’re back on the slopes.  Is your husband a skier or snowboarder?

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks for the report and glad you’re back on the slopes.  Is your husband a skier or snowboarder?

Skier. He skied a few times when he was younger so he was excited to try again. He took a private lesson Thursday and since then we’ve been cruising blues and greens. He wants to go skiing again before we come back to Whiteface in March so maybe we will take a trip to blue one of these weekends. 

• Like 6