Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sarcasm right??

This was the first time I was legit confused today. I thought he was putting you on ignore until I saw he quoted my post. Took me a few seconds to understand why. I should put Toast on ignore for making fun of my Chevy Sonic (but I wont cause he's a bro who pretends to be a hater and is secretly jealous of my car and furry hat)

Also I mostly meant that you give me hell for misquoting people on this forum. 

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I still don’t understand why people are mad at salty

Me neither, I guess somewhere down the line I posted that RTMs are grate skis, or that I like to enjoy a hot cocoa with marshmallows in the lodge on a ski trip, or may have been slightly confused or had a boner city, or that Toast accidentally misquoted Justo about my rad Chevy Sonic whereas if I did the same @GrilledSteezeSandwich would have called me out. 

💁‍♂️

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Me neither, I guess somewhere down the line I posted that RTMs are grate skis, or that I like to enjoy a hot cocoa with marshmallows in the lodge on a ski trip, or may have been slightly confused or had a boner city, or that Toast accidentally misquoted Justo about my rad Chevy Sonic whereas if I did the same @GrilledSteezeSandwich would have called me out. 

💁‍♂️

1. RTM’s are very nice.  Certainly not Mantras, but nice nonetheless

2. Hot cocoa with marshmallows is delicious

3. I can’t support boner activities on a family messsge board 

4.  They are just jealous of your superior fuel economy 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

He was on ignore for a few hours but not any longer. Back to the topic at hand...Salty did you get a response from Whiteface?

I called and they said once I book Gore, I send them the confirm number and they'll refund my Whiteface ticket. I think I'll book Gore in a few minutes. Thanks again for your advice!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you book Al Gore??

I will probably get flak for this but oh well.

As I thought about it, I'm hesitant to change to Gore next Friday because of the volatile snow forecast all week. I already have WF in the bag and it's only 10 minutes from the Hotel House, but Gore is 1.5 hours and might be difficult to travel to in blizzard conditions in my Chevy Sonic.

In addition, if it dumps on Friday, I won't be driving home and there are many many more hotels in Lake Placid than North River, where Gore is. Very limited options near Gore.

So I'm staying at WF for now. If the forecast is all clear next Friday I'll definitely switch to Al Gore if possible.

Also if President Harris mandates testing for domestic flights I'm not doing my Utah trip in March (not risking getting stranded there for 2 weeks) and I may go to Gore then.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

As I thought about it, I'm hesitant to change to Gore next Friday because of the volatile snow forecast all week. I already have WF in the bag and it's only 10 minutes from the Hotel House, but Gore is 1.5 hours and might be difficult to travel to in blizzard conditions in my Chevy Sonic.
In addition, if it dumps on Friday, I won't be driving home and there are many many more hotels in Lake Placid than North River, where Gore is. Very limited options near Gore.
So I'm staying at WF for now. If the forecast is all clear next Friday I'll definitely switch to Al Gore if possible.
Also if President Harris mandates testing for domestic flights I'm not doing my Utah trip in March (not risking getting stranded there for 2 weeks) and I may go to Gore then.

I don't blame you. Nothing wrong with another day at WF. Especially if it's a powder day. If they drop the ropes on empire or cloudspin could be epic.
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I don't blame you. Nothing wrong with another day at WF. Especially if it's a powder day. If they drop the ropes on empire or cloudspin could be epic.

Still a week out but the forecast for Lake Placid on 2/5 Friday is showing 5.3 inches. Would be amazeballs to ski while it's dumping.

At this point I'll very likely book a hotel for Friday night, perhaps the Hungry Trout. Hopefully you get great luck next month on your trip there as well 

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'd take the extra day at WF while driving that far and save Gore for a trip where I don't want to drive that far.

One reason I was thinking of doing Gore was to split up the drive home a little... drive 1.5 hours to Gore, then home. But now I changed my plans due to the forecast and will just stay at WF. I'd ski Gore Saturday but highly highly doubt that's going to happen (no tickets).

But yeah, Gore looks like a cool mountain which I'll like and itll likely be my next destination for a northeast ski trip.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Sheesh and sheesh 

• Confused 1