February 5th. Nigh Sesh

mute1080

Arrived at 530 and in the house was Mrs Mute and Ryan. First day back at Blue from JH and it started with wet mashed potatoes. No real lift lines until ski clubs were finished with dinner. We went to Slopeside for a bite and beer when the quad line got deep. Went with Ballast Point Sculpin that overflowed with foam immediately. Checked the date and was bottled 8/28/18 [emoji15] Bartender was super nice and took care of it, no hard feelings.

Went back out until 845. No real crowds and the temp dropped so it was more sugar sugar then before. Ski instructor training was doing their edge to edge snake on again. Cool. They were on Dreamweaver this time and when I saw them it was next to the skier cross start where half the trail is already closed so they just blocked everyone.

No life at the 6 pack. Hopefully it gets back running soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been there since about 4, and yeah, at that time there were no lift lines. Half an hour later crowds started to pick up, and kids just would ride the quad alone, in pairs, at most three at a time. Line control was on and off, but the white beard guy who tried arranging people in fours was like from another planet. Had no idea how to do this job and routinely was sending three people at a time. It was beyond ridiculous. "You three! Go!" and then gazes blankly right through the singles line with people wondering "WTF, we're right here! Fill the chair!"

Snow was terrible at first. Heavy chop and slush. By 6 the upper half of the mountain started to freeze up and became quite nice. Nightmare and upper part of Dreamweaver were smooth. So was upper Main Street. But the lower you descend the worse it became, universally across the mountain, and that part really didn't improve much even by 8. IDK what was since, perhaps it all froze and became a super fast wonderland.

Edited by eaf
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, eaf said:

Line control was on and off, but the white beard guy who tried arranging people in fours was like from another planet.

can you imagine if you had to do line control at Vail? 🥴😳😬

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you take that video Nancy??  I will say Nancy is a unique name for a 30 year old. 

nope. didn't take the video. It saw it floating around on the internets the other day.

I, unfortunately, was probably driving on 76 instead of waiting in line to ski 17" of powder.