A great way to waste time and money

GSSucks

Also got a few laps on them yesterday. Leave @AtomicSkier's pair completely unchanged from these, he looked like he actually enjoyed being on a "playful" ski! As he said though, amazing to hop on these knowing what went in to them and them skiing really well. I'd be curious to get them into some moguls; I think they'd be pretty fun in some soft bumps given how maneuverable they felt.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, glad you are enjoying the content if it ever gets old or boring let me know. I will do one additional post on this pair and then I think it will be on to the next pair. This has been an awesome learning experience and I am really enjoying it a lot. Its fun to get creative! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So as I mentioned earlier I think I will eventually have some delam issues with this pair. The first pair I used way to much epoxy, so I wanted to cut back on this pair but I think I went a little to thin. While cutting the tip on one ski I found a soft spot that needed some additional work. After the ski was cut and finished I opened up the soft spot, poured some epoxy in and clamped it over night. ae9d4abf7a89d56f0d5865a6e0df4eb1.jpg
2f56b56a77b472adc405b08e9e716769.jpg
be71b8d0e91432df38ea92d8cb54b67c.jpg
After the fix it looks better but is still not perfect.

Overall I’m pretty happy with this pair, as mentioned I learned a few more things to take into the next pair. The shape felt pretty good overall, perhaps the mount point could be moved around a bit. For what I was going for they are also a bit soft in the tip and tail so I will add some core thickness to the next pair. With everything else remaining constant and only a core thickness change it will be fun to ski the two skis back to back. Overall I’ll count it as a success and I’ll count pair 1 as a fail.

On to the next pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

2 hours ago, GSSucks said:

So as I mentioned earlier I think I will eventually have some delam issues with this pair. The first pair I used way to much epoxy, so I wanted to cut back on this pair but I think I went a little to thin. While cutting the tip on one ski I found a soft spot that needed some additional work. After the ski was cut and finished I opened up the soft spot, poured some epoxy in and clamped it over night. ae9d4abf7a89d56f0d5865a6e0df4eb1.jpg
2f56b56a77b472adc405b08e9e716769.jpg
be71b8d0e91432df38ea92d8cb54b67c.jpg
After the fix it looks better but is still not perfect.

Overall I’m pretty happy with this pair, as mentioned I learned a few more things to take into the next pair. The shape felt pretty good overall, perhaps the mount point could be moved around a bit. For what I was going for they are also a bit soft in the tip and tail so I will add some core thickness to the next pair. With everything else remaining constant and only a core thickness change it will be fun to ski the two skis back to back. Overall I’ll count it as a success and I’ll count pair 1 as a fail.

On to the next pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bigger the gob, the better the job!

• 2 months later...