BC 2/9

Kyle

Arrived in the lot at 8:12, 35ish degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Booted up in the lot and headed inside to get my comp pass. No line at guest services however the guy in front of me was trying to get a refund because “there’s not as much snow as the webcams showed”. Ok dude it rained for 3 days, anyway got my pass and headed up B lift. Off B and took bear trap over and skated up to top of Sasquatch. Speed run down Sasquatch back to B and met up with my patroller buddies. Rinse wash repeat this run for a few times and then we decided to hit the park. Took some park runs until about 11 and then headed into trails end for a beer and some fries. $4 land shark 16oz cans, not bad for a resort. Headed back out at 11:30 and lapped the park for the rest of the day. Minimal crowds, jump line was nice however the snow slowed down after lunch. Park setup is nice given the snow situation. Headed out for the day at 3 and all in all it was a fun day. 

For Bear Creeks sake, they need cold weather and bad. No bare spots to be seen yesterday, however they won’t make it to March if this current weather pattern keeps up. 

oh and for you NASTAR guys, they seem to be paying extra attention to timberline this year as that seemed to have a good base to it and was fairly fun/fast yesterday. 

B257B8AD-B34F-47AB-B3C5-1ED25F530226.jpeg

2249DE17-1F98-41A8-A805-398C84DECB0F.jpeg

69340ECF-4AEB-4C99-B003-8C738DF1AA87.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Place is bizarre. They've had some really bad snow years since I was in high school, but every time I go back there its just so dead. I remember it being much more crowded as a kid. Say the mid/early 2000s.

It makes sense though, $70 for a weekend adult ticket for bear creek is outrageous, people are better off driving the extra 45-hr to blue mountain. If I wasn’t getting “comped” passes I wouldn’t spend that type of money on a weekend.