Elk Mountain 2-12-20

RidgeRacer

Wow look at all those trees!!!  Enjoy your day off and your time in southern Vermont!!

It's definitely not Vermont. But it's definitely not Blue either. I'm not talking about terrain... Moreso the weather, temp difference, grooming / snow, lack of crowds, vibe etc. Terrain is similar. Each are good in their own way I guess.
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:43 AM, RidgeRacer said:

It's definitely not Vermont. But it's definitely not Blue either. I'm not talking about terrain... Moreso the weather, temp difference, grooming / snow, lack of crowds, vibe etc. Terrain is similar. Each are good in their own way I guess.

what do you mean? I've only ever skied Elk but living in Philadelphia, its not always convenient to get there. Is Blue Mtn worth the money? I'm an intermediate skier that likes to challenge myself.

28 minutes ago, ccmullin said:

what do you mean? I've only ever skied Elk but living in Philadelphia, its not always convenient to get there. Is Blue Mtn worth the money? I'm an intermediate skier that likes to challenge myself.

Every run at Blue will be within your ability.  As for challenge well the variable conditions and crowds make Blue more challenging. 

CCmullin welcome to PASR

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Terrain is similar. Elk has better snow / grooming, less crowded. Blue has much better lifts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I'm so confused, what is happening here? I watched the video but how does a problematic ski pole turn into this? 

I'm so confused, what is happening here? I watched the video but how does a problematic ski pole turn into this? 
I'll see if I can find out what happened from someone in the know tomorrow...
I didn't hear anything at all about this..

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Benm said:

Wonder if she went to sit on her poles and missed, and it pushed her off the chair, catching on the seat and her clothes on each end. Seems like the chair is decently far from the lift house for that to be the case though.

maybe just tried to adjust and slid off, then got caught on the pole is all