2:15/20...Blue Saturday

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at like 715am and it was in the high single digits under mostly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, Atomic Jeff, NMSki, PARidge, Salty, Toast, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Falco, Enjorales cousin, Eddie, Tys brother, Indiggio, Slim, Rick and many more. 

Six pack was initially down which meant an energetic skate to the quad..second civilian chair and challenge to start was good not grate I give it a 6.75 on the Steezy scale..between ok and a carpet. I revisited challenge a second run when most did sidewinder as the root rollers and low light are not my cup of Sanka. Next was Main Street and upper Main was the ROTD.like that sweet Caroline song..so good so good and still a fucking slut...

One run on paradise some new blown snow..one on lazy mile was alright..razors was being groomed after some serious snowmaking and switchback opened late after an assault from operation blizzard 3.0  I didn’t ski switch but I know it was rowdy..nightmare dreamweaver was closed for the race team and the smartstylers with gates on nightmare and a skier X course on dreamweaver. 

The six pack eventually opened the. The quad shut down serious mass exodus going from the quad line to six pack..I revisited challenge and Main Street..then hungout in the lot as the temperature rose into the 20s.  Was a nice morning and while it was busy it wasn’t busy busy..me thinks tomorrow will be uber crowded but the snow should be legit..and weather even better. JADIP

4DF12B08-9C0B-40F0-BD2B-A5DAC7E38F80.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Decent day. Snow was ok. Lift situation sucks. I'm not sure why it's been so difficult to keep two functional High Speed lifts running at the same time this season. First run down challenge and second run on sidewinder were beautiful. Upper switch, when it opened, was a rock quarry then magically transforned into a carpet on the lower half of the trail ...only at Blue. NMDW was closed as was Razors which was being groomed out. Upper Main was nice. Lower was not so much. Overall a decent day. The bright sun came in clutch as it was crazy cold early on.
917fac1724c119a0e6eb4d74427dae60.jpg

• Like 3

Wow was it cold!  Guess because we’ve not really had any winter as of yet and I wasn’t used to real cold.   
For the most part I thought the snow was good all over, with some locations being grate (Barney’s & MS ridge) and others being bad to horrible (Paradise & Switchback).

They blew a ton on Barney’s that filled in most of the troughs, but there were some that didn’t get the memo and you had to be careful of them.  For the majority of the day the bumps were good.  Even @saltyant was trying them out and asking for tips, which I tried to oblige.

I have Switchback a whirl after it opened but with the horrible grooming, I bailed out to MS halfway down.

Took a run down NM/DW.  The bumps were frozen and icy, but the rest of the run was pretty good since it hadn’t been skied a whole lot.

i was kinda surprised at the lack of crowd.  There were a lot of cars, but the runs and the lines weren’t bad.  However the training hill was packed as was the tubing hills.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1