2/16/20...sausage Sunday..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived in the lower lot around 711 or so and it was 26 degrees under overcast sky’s almost 20 degrees warmer than yesterday. In the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, JFDan, PSUFlyGuy, Toast, NMSki, Mute, BenM, TP4, Matt Edge, Ryan, Slim, Indiggio, Drew, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Eddie, Justo, Falco, Enjorales, Salty, Enjorales cousin, Enjorales Dad, TheRealKT, Mixilplix and many more.  

Had some fun with the liftees...one year anniversary for the liftee who can count to 7 and Darla was having a good time as well...first run on challenge was good..a level above yesterday’s opening and a level below carpet..falls and homestretch they blew frozen snot in so was rough..I skied a second run on challenge already was a bit choppy but not bad..Main Street was good on top more 3D lower but not bad skied some untracked manmade next to the bumps and I think got some float. Paradise was to slow..Switchback was nice consistent snow mini pebbles but no big deal is..skied that three times in a row..did sidewinder once that run is very popular..root rollers not bad..back to Main Street NMSki had a little collision may have been concust nothing a few beers won’t cure..Main Street also popular..lower park busy saw KT do a butter skeet skirt slide..was MSY mad Steezy yo..

Parking lot was off the chain had breakfast sandwich with bacon and runny egg..pork..slider..sausage..Valentine’s Day cookies for later..temperatures were in that mad Goldilocks range..just right...could have used more sun but can’t have it all. I didn’t take any pictures so here are some google images to describe today. 

290F9809-567D-4932-BF0F-26B2B93DEB94.jpeg

64034C7E-1EB0-4B41-A1EA-CC31F363B71D.jpeg

82B62AE9-A44F-4B75-870B-70980DC46650.jpeg

ED0938A7-9671-4330-B3E9-A51FD6B12D1E.jpeg

AE92E564-4C11-410E-94E5-BDF6D23F69F2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Skied from 8 to about 1 today with my girls. Spent most of the day between Main Street and Switchback. Almost bit it twice on Lower Main. Was ready to blow out of there around noon but my daughters ran into some friends and wanted to make a few more runs down Paradise. Silver lining was Dreamweaver being open. Got to lap it a few times and they were the best runs of the day.

• Like 3

Bah!  Snow was so good, skipped morning break and missed Sausage Sunday.  Can't have everything...

After the smidge of new snow was skied out of moguls, skied the @MattEDGE of Main Street for the majority of the day where the snow was just wonderful.
Also took a few laps down the left side of Lazy, which also had good snow.

• Like 2

I do see some valid points in the hate post. (where ever it was posted) I guess most have us have come to grips with the fact skiing Razors will be the unicorn until racing is over.  NMDW being closed does kind of piss me off, but i get over that pretty quick, especially when that weird ass boarder cross is set up, at least to me it kind of ruins what that trail is all about to me.  

What i cant really stand is people complaining about the cost of lift tickets.  So much cost to make snow.  And it really runs across the boards for the Poconos.  Even with what trails were closed over the weekend, Blue looks like a bargain compared to $68 for BB.  And of course, i mean what the fuck do people really expect for a holiday weekend?  I do like when someone thinks them threatening to leave and go to Camelsack will all of a sudden have Blue on the phone with them begging to stay.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Supposedly this past weekend was the last weekend for NMDW being closed...Lady on the lift told me her son was in the boardercross program and it was the last weekend for it.  

And yeah, it seems tickets are expensive everywhere.  Imagine if these idiots complaining about costs and crowds went out west and paid $ 200 or whatever it is to ski Vail/Breck/whatever and dealing with those crowds on a weekend or powder day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

What i cant really stand is people complaining about the cost of lift tickets.  So much cost to make snow.  And it really runs across the boards for the Poconos.  Even with what trails were closed over the weekend, Blue looks like a bargain compared to $68 for BB.  And of course, i mean what the fuck do people really expect for a holiday weekend?  I do like when someone thinks them threatening to leave and go to Camelsack will all of a sudden have Blue on the phone with them begging to stay.  

It’s really not that bad when you consider the “average” person going skiing a few times of year is likely staying at the Mountain for 7-8 hours, averages out to less than $10 an hour. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

It’s really not that bad when you consider the “average” person going skiing a few times of year is likely staying at the Mountain for 7-8 hours, averages out to less than $10 an hour. 

It sounds like a complete bargain compared to say, renting a waverunner.  What do those things cost an hour now a days?  gotta be in the $75-$100 and hour.  

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

d9a8ec1aa2c70661297d9714f28ece0a.jpg

I have yet to see a stuck vehicle but I’m sure it happens. [mention=1753]jfskidan[/mention] can’t you fix this for them?

I love facebook complaining.  Are people that fucking stupid that they would park that they might get stuck in?  In some other thread last year, i roughly figured out how much it would cost to pave most of the Valley lot, and its in the millions.  They would sort of be opening a can of worms, because they really cant pave without doing a shit ton of drainage work.  

Personally, i would just like lifts that work.  Admiring freshly paved parking lots from a broken down lift would make for good conversation though.  

I was noticing that our row was particularly intact and free of huge potholes like normal.  I mean, i guess find the worst area, take a pic of it and put it on FB.  Cool.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

sounds like they need to do a mid-season grooming of the lots.

That is groomed. Doesnt look any different than most Saturday mornings.  

• Like 6