2/16 - first time

tnt

Went to Montage for the first time ever - which seems impossible.  

Had fun.  great bumps on white lightning and boomer.  Shame the pitches are so short.

Good snow.  Males me wonder if Blue has either bad snow making, grooming, or just a lower elevation. But much better man made.

Nice lodge. Low crowds even with the holiday.  Nice time.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That sounds dynamite TNT...have you ever met any of the PASRs at Blue?

I drove to Moe Ghoul's house to buy a case of Heady Topper off him a few years ago.

Last time I was there with my daughter I saw you guys all heading for the lot as we were heading for the lift.  I'm sure it was you all.  I yelled something like "Sauage Sunday" but you guys were on the move.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 8:34 PM, tnt said:

Went to Montage for the first time ever - which seems impossible.  

Had fun.  great bumps on white lightning and boomer.  Shame the pitches are so short.

Good snow.  Males me wonder if Blue has either bad snow making, grooming, or just a lower elevation. But much better man made.

Nice lodge. Low crowds even with the holiday.  Nice time.

glad you had a good time at montage. we're there just about every sunday. montage has invested a lot in their snowmaking infrastructure and renovated the lodge over the past few years. still a work in progress, but headed in the right direction. montage does have a leg up on blue by a) being further north, b) having higher elevation, and c) less crowds...all of that adds up to better snow conditions. (similar reasons why elk usually has a good man-made snow product also).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, shredFAND said:

White lightning and Boomer were fantastic at Montage. I was there Saturday night and Sunday all day. I always stay over that weekend because of the parade and fireworks on the mountain. 

The parade and fireworks are definitely unique and fun. Glad you enjoyed the north face as well. Boomer always looms in the shadow of White Lightning but it is a really great trail. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

boomer is a nice slope to practice and get used to skiing bumps. also of note, smoke has been skiing surprisingly well this year. last weekend far skier's right was chalky goodness, and they actually had some little bumps going on the head wall as well.

You had me at chalky

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schif said:

The parade and fireworks are definitely unique and fun. Glad you enjoyed the north face as well. Boomer always looms in the shadow of White Lightning but it is a really great trail. 

Nice to have both but a bumped up Boomer is always my fav of the 2 as WL is an easy cruiser apart from the steep but brief head wall. 

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nice to have both but a bumped up Boomer is always my fav of the 2 as WL is an easy cruiser apart from the steep but brief head wall. 

Pro Tip: Best of Both worlds

Not that it's even remotely in play this year, but start at the top of the white lightning headwall and duck into the woods and pop back out at the bottom of boomer. 

• Like 1