Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty picking up chicks in ski towns is probably the most difficult environment.  At least wear a flannel shirt and an oversized flat brim hat that says Hurley or California republic on it...use a clever line like,”I see you’re in a sports bar, do you like sports”

I just want to see Matt Edge in action in the field. He can probably walk up to any chick, literally say anything and pull digits.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I just want to see Matt Edge in action in the field. He can probably walk up to any chick, literally say anything and pull digits.

Yeah then a month later he’s in couples therapy with her.  Pulling digits is easy it’s if they actually meet you out or flake out which is the hard part. 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The pony express on the left is nice. 

Correct. That was my favorite part of the mountain. Woo wee, some of those trails had some gnarly pitch to them. And it seemed like there were 1 or 2 other people in that whole area while I was skiing there.

Edited by saltyant

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I heard two and a half hour waits.  Wow just wow.  

That's absolute bananas. Never no way in a frozen hell. Ski resorts should make a Fast Pass lane like Disney parks.  They would make bank

Edited by saltyant

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Steamboat had the worst lines of any resort I’ve ever been to by far.  Most resorts usually only have lines in the bottom lifts, but steamboat had lines everywhere 

WJW, that's the opposite of my experience. We went midweek and the only line was at Morningside area, I think... besides the initial gondola line on powder day.

I absolutely loved afternoon skiing at the Pony Express side. Jumped right on the lift everytime. It was grate!