Weekend @ Blue Roll-call 2/21-2/23

toast21602

Out for a few runs this morning, nice sunny day about 18 at the house before I left. A race going on at razors edge, Paradise was closed first thing and they were blowing snow on nightmare. After a couple warm up runs spent a lot of time on challenge. Early on, one of the race kids wound up in the trees halfway downhill and was sledded out. Sae the medevac helicopter fly overhead, but don’t know if it was from that.

They finished blowing snow on sidewinder, and groomed it out this morning. Opened it up around 11:30. Could be a busy weekend.

• Sad 1

Paradise and sidewinder were closed for a few hours this morning. Was fortunate to be heading to challenger when I saw them about to open up sidewinder. Best run I’ve had all year but not so hot after that. Lower Main is sporty today. Road up on the lift with some race parents who were on the phone about the kid who got hurt. They were naturally pretty upset and it sounded pretty serious. Hope the kid is ok. There still blowing “snow” at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

19 hours ago, saltyant said:

That's a good one! I'll listen to the audio book on my way to Hayden and maybe buy United Wifi to post live trip reports and shitpost from 30,000 feet.

That's great that @Benm thanked you for that post, but then revoked his thanks!

Wow just wow just catching up here..that is so messed up. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Lower Main is sporty today. 

Hah sporty is a great description. I loved the jumps at the bottom between the slow signs...

I thought conditions were decent. Couldn't beat the weather. Little crowded. Pasr row was full when I got there. Sidewinder wuz great. Really sketchy in some spots on the run next to main st, I can never remember the damn name. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Really incredible morning/early afternoon up here. Great conditions. Full sun. Blowing on a lot. Chalky soft snow. Fun bumps. I enjoyed Lazy and Main the most today. Looking like it should be a pretty nice weekend to continue!

Sounds like conditions will be phenomenal this weekend, too bad I'll be stuck skiing in Colorado.

Hah sporty is a great description. I loved the jumps at the bottom between the slow signs...
I thought conditions were decent. Couldn't beat the weather. Little crowded. Pasr row was full when I got there. Sidewinder wuz great. Really sketchy in some spots on the run next to main st, I can never remember the damn name. 

That’s switchback. Had a couple of good runs on it this morning. Hit it around noon and man it told me it was time to sharpen my edges. Took one last run on it around 3. Couple of people on it that definitely shouldn’t have been. Watched a kid on the last bend completely out of control go off into the woods. Was pretty impressed how far he got riding the dirt. Luckily he came out unscathed.
  • Like 1