Tussey Stoke Thread...2020!

saltyant

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

At Tussey, going to ski 2 hours for $36. It's going to be epic! Maybe I'll post live updates from my Jitterbug.20200220_185944.thumb.jpg.637e76faa82d9025fa44e2f65ac89e7c.jpg

Making Perder.

20200220_190316.thumb.jpg.51a7a57d23997bd4cd9a08a1604f20a0.jpg

Hash Tag Following...the Notorious BIG even had a line about Penn State in its all about the benjamins. Something about fuck the state penn and fucking hoes at Penn State..

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Funny, I grew up 40 minutes from Tussey, but we always went to Ski Sawmill!

To me, Tussey would not operate if not for PSU.

It’s a terrible name..sure it’s not an alpha sounding name like Jackson Hole or Ski Sawmill...sounds like a freaking diaper rash..

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

I thought Tussey was in the middle of nowhere? Surprised to see so many lights in the distance.

That's State College in the background. I'm working in the middle of nowhere and drove an hour. If you ever take I-99 through State College you can see the majestic mountain in the distance.

• Thanks 1

Most of those close lights that you can see from Tussey are high end housing developments. My cousin was looking at houses out there due to a possible move and apparently on Zillow it is pretty easy to figure out where the Penn State football coaches and high level faculty live. Just scroll down a street in those developments and it's 300k, 300k, 250k, 6.3M, 300k.....

Does Tussey still have that wooden chairlift with the bar that runs down the middle of the chair and essentially splits it in half? 

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

Does Tussey still have that wooden chairlift with the bar that runs down the middle of the chair and essentially splits it in half? 

Yes, I've never seen a chairlift like that before. I'm used to standing in the middle to board (rode solo all night) so it was different standing to the side. Tried to sit on the right side but the dude said I should sit on the left... go figure.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yes, I've never seen a chairlift like that before. I'm used to standing in the middle to board (rode solo all night) so it was different standing to the side. Tried to sit on the right side but the dude said I should sit on the left... go figure.

First time I ever rode that chair it was with 2 other people and I got hit by that stupid bar. Never expected it there. 

• Sad 1