2/23/20...gonna be a bright sun shiny day..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house were Slim, Indiggio, Johnny Law, TP4, Keith, BenM, Atomic Jeff, Toast, JFDan, PSUFlyGuy, Matt Edge, MBike Mike, Ryan, Mute, TheRealKT and many others. 

For the second or third time I made the lift stop..it was mad Homer Simpson..doh..I didn’t know if I could make first chair..hesitated tried anyway..got crushed by lift..still made first chair..there will be a bruise but all good..temperatures were in the low 20s to start. First run on challenge top good middle not great..then sidewinder very nice everybody thinks the rollers are pretty perfect..nightmare dreamweaver nice snow early got a little slick later but not bad.  

Switchback was good and I got air off the lip onto a rough lower mainstreet. Upper Main Street was good...lower not so much..i skied lazy once for the culture..was aight..the sun was shining crowds were moderate..snow was winterlike was nice skiing maybe not a top 5 but a top 8...

Hungout in the lot no jacket no fleece no hat no gloves..had bagel some chips and beer..was some perfect weather and above average skiing..JADIP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today was 10/10.  Comfortable temps, no clouds, and awesome snow.  NMDW was the ROTD for me.  The only thing today was missing was a sausage fest.

GSS made the lift stop to start the day.  Major party foul.   You either commit to getting on first chair, or you wait for the second chair so you can ride with @indiggio.  Even @Benm asked what all the commotion was all about first thing.  It was everying booing GSS 😂

• Like 5

I thought yesterday’s conditions were better than today but arguing about that is like arguing who had the best beer today. All good. All enjoyable. Three sunny days with superb conditions in a row are unheard of for Blue. I guess if it isn’t going to snow this is the best alternative. 

• Like 2

I’m for too old and lazy to put that much effort into making first chair.  If it’s available, and won’t stop the lift, I’ll take it, otherwise I’m perfectly happy with second chair and all are welcome!

Snow was excellent again today all over the mountain, especially good was first run down NM/DW.

It would have been nice if they blew on Barney’s again, but you can’t have everything.  When temps and sun came up, Barney’s turned great!  Also fun was the glades next to Barney’s that everyone seemed to be ignoring, but had lots of fun rollers and very good snow!

Snow on Challenge later in the day was also wonderful, soft on the edges and firm, grippy snow in the middle.

Watched a runaway beginner flying down bottoms of Sidewinder into the merge, knowing there was no way he was gonna stop.  Poor boarder at the top of Lower Sidewinder with his back uphill got TOTALLY blindside-obliterated by the out of control power wedger, who went straight into the woods.  A later review of the area showed no injuries, miraculously!

8 hours ago, indiggio said:

Watched a runaway beginner flying down bottoms of Sidewinder into the merge, knowing there was no way he was gonna stop.  Poor boarder at the top of Lower Sidewinder with his back uphill got TOTALLY blindside-obliterated by the out of control power wedger, who went straight into the woods.  A later review of the area showed no injuries, miraculously!

We saw someone on sidewinder just neglect to turn at the first hard left.  No real effort made to stop, just went straight into the arborvitaes. Amazingly, he appeared to be ok, i mean, as ok as you can be after bouncing off a tree.  If it was the same person, i hope he just gave up when he got to the bottom.   

• Confused 1