2/23/20..great conditions.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 6:30pm and BenM was just leaving..Atomic Jeff and PARidge were also in the House.  Temperatures were in the 40s and not much wind.  Just the quad open and only a handful of people and I believe one bus.  

First run on razors yeah razors was open to the public.whoop dee freaking doo..was pretty nice a little sandy on the upper headwall and a few root rollers lower down.  Nightmare to dreamweaver run of the night and skied that about 60% of the time.  Main Street decent..Sidewinder was pretty nice a little choppy on the last pitch..the falls was great snow..soft and fast...I knew conditions would be nice tonight because it was warm which made everything wet and surely slow in the afternoon than the darkness made things fast but the warm temperatures kept things soft and lack of traffic kept things smooth. Skied 10 runs in a hour and a half and then hungout in the lot for another hour or so..

Nice end to a nice stretch skiing 5 of the last six days.  Tomorrow looks like maybe showers and fog but if it’s a bit nicer I might be out..JADIP..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Looks good!

It was fucking awesome.  You really should ski at night occasionally as nights like tonight are better than most morning conditions and the visibility is far superior. NMDW was 10/10 hammer down with the top inch soft with the subsurface firm to carve on.  @Johnny Law would say it was boner doner tits magee.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

It was fucking awesome.  You really should ski at night occasionally as nights like tonight are better than most morning conditions and the visibility is far superior. NMDW was 10/10 hammer down with the top inch soft with the subsurface firm to carve on.  @Johnny Law would say it was boner doner tits magee.

Ok. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

When school groups are there I can understand that certainly. In late Feb / March however when you have the place to yourself, conditions are great and there's a warm breeze in the air, it's hard to beat.

Or maybe we just really really missed you Toast!! Geez.

I’m not doubting it’s good. I just don’t enjoy skiing at night. 

23 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Surprised nobody noticed that yesterday was actually the 24th. I know because it was my birthday. 🙂

Did you ski on your birthday??   Are you 40 now?  I already wrote six checks that say 2/25 today...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

it's a good thing it's getting cold. Blue def needs it, getting bare in some spots.

They had that one area of the lot coned off today, front end loader transporting dirt / gravel  in from the lot way back. 

After tonight’s rain the snowmaking ponds should be full. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1