2/27..night edition

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at around 630pm and it was in the upper 20s with strong winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Matt Edge, MrsSnowbunski, TP4, Nastar Glenn and MBike Mike.  Only about 6-7 buses so no liftlines on the six pack. First run on lazy mile was nice snow but the guns were a bit much and the last one was wet.  Challenge was slick..I saw my reflection in the ice and had the bulletproof song stuck in my Herman..this time baby I’ll be bulletproof..

Main Street was ok upper lower was in the guns not great visibility but ok snow.  Sidewinder was slick but I’ve seen worse at local ice skating rinks.  Did a run on Burma to break things up and it was slick...ended with two more Lazys then hit the parking lot for two beers.  A minute before I was leaving this guy dumped like 4-6 beer bottles and cans into the lot from the passenger seat of pickup truck and I confronted him about the trash.  He swore it wasn’t his and begrudgingly put the trash in the bed of truck.  He looked like he wanted to fight me and asked if I owned the mountain. I said yeah I’m part owner since I have a season pass and MBike Mike said we’re part owners of this row.  

Anyway what an asshole when there are garbage cans like every 30 yards..all in all not the best conditions but nice being out in winter and even a little snow shower on the way out.  

4AC3916D-7566-4E21-BE96-721FCFC71821.jpeg

125F6DD6-BE64-43BE-990D-55EE0C0316CD.jpeg

Some people are just shitty. Glad you called him out, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rode from 8:10-10 tonight.  Worst conditions I’ve ridden in many years.  Not blues fault though, just super windy that blew off any snow.  Luckily they were blowing on paradise which was run of the night, and on lazy as well.  Night weaver, challenge, razors, and main street were all closed.  Ski patrol told me it was cause they were getting dangerous, and I believed him after riding sidewinder, which was a pure skating rink, as well as switchback, which was similar.  One of the tougher conditions days of the year due to high winds, super icy, and blowing snow, but the guns being on saves paradise and lazy.  Still a fun time and I’m glad I came 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

crazy icy last nite. ski patrol was progressively closing the mtn down early, and for good reason. it wasn't safe out there at all last nite.

I was on my GS skis which are pretty freakin sharp and it really wasn't that bad.  If not for the guns blowing sticky snow on Lazy and Paradise, I would've had some fun given how fast the snow was.  Any other skis and it would've been spicy AF, though.  Challenge was impressively bulletproof.  Collegiate race today on Razors should be interesting.

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There’s a cliff!!! Or maybe that’s in the sleepy hollow glades.  Salty what time is your flight home?

Oh geeze I think 1 pm or something. That's probably something I should know. I fly from Hayden to Denver, then Denver to Nork. Should get to Nork around 9:30.

I'm ecstatic about the flight from Hayden to Denver. Clear skies, stunning views of the Rockies, and dont have to sit next to anyone since it's an Embraier. Life will be grate!!

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Oh geeze I think 1 pm or something. That's probably something I should know. I fly from Hayden to Denver, then Denver to Nork. Should get to Nork around 9:30.

I'm ecstatic about the flight from Hayden to Denver. Clear skies, stunning views of the Rockies, and dont have to sit next to anyone since it's an Embraier. Life will be grate!!

I hope you have a window seat..sounds like a little Rocky Mountain high changed your perspective on Lyfe..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope you have a window seat..sounds like a little Rocky Mountain high changed your perspective on Lyfe..

I always get the window seat, only got stuck in the aisle seat one time from Dallas to Bozeman when the ticket agent seated me next to the bathroom. "Oh I have the PERFECT seat for you" she said when I demanded a not middle seat.

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I always get the window seat, only got stuck in the aisle seat one time from Dallas to Bozeman when the ticket agent seated me next to the bathroom. "Oh I have the PERFECT seat for you" she said when I demanded a not middle seat.

Gotta love the window seat. I always bring work to do on flights and I'm always ambitious to get things done but I just stare out the window looking at the towns and scenery below. 

• Like 1

ski patrol told me they were having problems with school kids taking off their gear to slide down on their butts because of the ice, and then losing their skis or board sliding down the hill.  he said they lost 2 boards last night and havent found them.  i was fully expecting for them to close the mountain early, i was shocked they kept sidewinder open.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

I was on my GS skis which are pretty freakin sharp and it really wasn't that bad.  If not for the guns blowing sticky snow on Lazy and Paradise, I would've had some fun given how fast the snow was.  Any other skis and it would've been spicy AF, though.  Challenge was impressively bulletproof.  Collegiate race today on Razors should be interesting.

i was on my SL's...but i hadn't sharpened those skis in like 3 or 4 ski days. for one run i traded skis with one of the instructors (mike meyers) and then i felt fine.

31 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Gotta love the window seat. I always bring work to do on flights and I'm always ambitious to get things done but I just stare out the window looking at the towns and scenery below. 

I’ve never done work before on a plane but I’ve never travelled by plane on business.  When I have the window seat I usually lower the shade so there’s not sun glare. 

47 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow just wow I remember that..I have window seat about 98% of the time 

• Thanks 1