3/1/20...Sunny PASR day..

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, JFBBDan, West Chester homeys, Root, BenM, Schifdawg, Toast, justo, Rose, Kyle, TheRealKT, MrsSnowbunski, MBike Mike, Fritz, PSUFly, Salty and many more. 

First civilian six pack and challenge was a western groomer bordering on a carpet..ended up with five runs today on challenge and all were good and no people that’s a gift.  Sidewinder was more firm only skied it once.  Lazy mile had fresh manmade was fun for the 3D snow lovers but a bit slow.  Paradise was surprisingly bad a good amount of cookies.  Upper Main Street was good enough for multiple laps lower was not so good..some rolly Polly and wet new mandmade..

The six pack was down around 910..high tailed it to the quad then to Main Street chair and had a second day and a row of Widowmaker aka Raceway aka Chicola chute..to midway onto Burma and the six was back running again..skied a few more laps probably 3rd longest blue session of the season lol..

The parking lot was on point today with nice weather and more than a dozen PASRs in the house. PSUFlyGuy cooked up breakfast sandwiches with egg cheese and either sausage or pork roll..was snack city and MBike did some grillingas well..nothing will top the GOAT greatest of all time Enjorales for lot grilling but with the great base i’m confident Blue will be open through most of March..so some more fun to come..

Also in the house was Matt Stunt..I talked to him for a few in the parking lot..like Nipples he’s an OG PASR and good to see him at Blue and I’m sure he was grilling up Steeze...JADIP

037C7C40-7BC6-4A38-9547-4CFE22FE44FD.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great report! @PSUFly Those sandwiches were delicious! They were so good that Steeze ate one off his car and meat off the ground. True Blue felt like an anthill after exploring the majestic mountains of Steamboat so I called it quits by 9:30. Hopefully by next weekend I'm stoked to ski at Blue again. In the works is a summer time Malvern meetup.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Snow on lazy, paradise, and upper main was awesome. Can that become the new norm, please? Also, wtf is up with the lifts. 6 was busted on saturday, and intermittent yesterday. VIP line gate for the quad seemed to let anyone through, not just passholders, and the VIP line for the 6 seemed like it wasn't scanning at all, causing people to break through to the left, which it looked like everyone and their mom caught on to that shortcut thus rendering the VIP line useless. Why can't we have nice things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Snow on lazy, paradise, and upper main was awesome. Can that become the new norm, please? Also, wtf is up with the lifts. 6 was busted on saturday, and intermittent yesterday. VIP line gate for the quad seemed to let anyone through, not just passholders, and the VIP line for the 6 seemed like it wasn't scanning at all, causing people to break through to the left, which it looked like everyone and their mom caught on to that shortcut thus rendering the VIP line useless. Why can't we have nice things?

The liftee mentioned that there were all types of problems for the six pack and that it just doesn’t sound right.  Sadly both the quad and the six pack are getting towards the end of their lives. The quad is 25 years old and Blue bought the six pack used 14 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The liftee mentioned that there were all types of problems for the six pack and that it just doesn’t sound right.  Sadly both the quad and the six pack are getting towards the end of their lives. The quad is 25 years old and Blue bought the six pack used 14 years ago. 

How do you know all of this?

Related question. This November Burma lift looked like it got a face lift. Was it just a paint job, or were the chairs really replaced?

Edited by eaf

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

How do you know all of this?

Related question. This November Burma lift looked like it got a face lift. Was it just a paint job, or were the chairs really replaced?

The liftie said that, but regarding the life of the equipment I believe that was discussed by employees at some point too. The think the Burma chairs just got painted. Probably nothing more. 

Yeah if I remember correctly, both high speed lifts were purchased from Sunday river, and were both in service for years there first. Not sure what the standard lifespan of a chairlift is, but the 6 has been a mess all season. Chairlift issues don’t excuse the VIP like nonsense though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dont understand the lift issues either.  I get that things break, stocking "spare parts" is like spinning the wheel of fortune IMO, but i get there are some switches and whatnot that will go bad.  I can have an old truck totally rebuilt to make run like new again, but its still an old truck, and not worth doing.  

Im not sure the lift issues really cause them to lose tons of money.  Usually one of them is working, and people dont really have a way of knowing there will be lift issues before buying a ticket.  Also, we just continue to show up, and give them our money for season passes, but there isnt really much we can do but continue with hope they get things straightened out.  .  Imagine if both were down at the same time one of the past 2 weekends?  holy shit would there be chaos at the ticket office.  

If they arent going to replace the lifts, they just need to start throwing money at the problem in hopes that one of the darts they throw lands on the bullseye.  eventually that method will work.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

what i don't get is knowing that  there were issues Saturday and the potential for Sunday, yet no back up plan to at least run Burma to dissipate the  lift lines there?

I was shocked when we headed over there and Burma wasn't running. Assuming you've got an extra 3 guys on staff how long does it take to get a chair up and running? 

the benefit is when the line is backed up for the regular gates and you can breeze through the VIP gate.

They need fencing or rope from the gate though. You could go through the normal line then sneak up the right side into the VIP line with little effort.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2020 at 1:28 PM, Justo8484 said:

They need fencing or rope from the gate though. You could go through the normal line then sneak up the right side into the VIP line with little effort.

Yes, I’ve seen that happen multiple times