Verbier, 4 Vallées, & Zermatt

toast21602

Another fun day in the mountains here in Verbier.  It was snowing much harder than yesterday, but the visibility was also worse.  Temps remained pretty warm which was causing some seriously heavy snow down low and mediumish density up high.  We skied Bruson today as it has the best forests (trees).  After some super smooth groomer pow, we broke trail on a reasonably long traverse out into the forest.  Snow was even deeper today compared to yesterday.   Two vids that [mention=893]KevinThomas[/mention] shot of me deep in the forest.

[/url]  

[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amateur. Always ski past the camera; never stop above it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today was great. Plenty of sun and we got to check out a lot more of this place. It’s so big we barely put a dent in covering it all. We covered 30+ miles today. I’ve never seen anything like this. My 17 year old traveling cap got to see another country too (#13), and end the day with more fondue. 

Tomorrow we’re heading to Zermatt for the day. Should be cool to check out the Matterhorn and surrounding areas!

2393EAD3-6EC8-49B9-B34A-7B6F37FC5C8A.jpeg

BAB74B34-30BB-42FA-B028-6EEA8E605872.jpeg

83C64C97-0AF5-4085-A57D-478035020F7A.jpeg

AB5B8589-7D37-4F5D-A0DC-1A626C09C378.jpeg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Tell us about where you stay. Is this considered peak time? I don't see many people on the slopes, but I'm not sure if it's because of the virus or timing. What are the locals saying? Any kids on their school breaks? When you're at Zermatt tomorrow, see if the connection to the Italian side is open.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@AtomicSkier @toast21602 Trump just restricted travel from Europe (excluding UK) starting Friday. Not trolling. I don't know the details but just want to let you know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/world/coronavirus-news.amp.html

I was just gonna post this too.

Starts Friday at midnight

Edited by indiggio
  • Thanks 1