Verbier, 4 Vallées, & Zermatt

toast21602

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Edit:, it appears the ban only applies to non-citizens

Correct, but from I've read citizens must be screened, and it might disrupt flights. Who knows, everyday this thing gets crazier.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct, but from I've read citizens must be screened, and it might disrupt flights. Who knows, everyday this thing gets crazier.

The flight availability was the concern for us. Sure, we are citizens, but with all of the restrictions for non-US, we were concerned that flights would be cancelled.

It does get crazier everyday.... because it wasn't taken seriously when it first started.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, that sucks, but at least you got what you got, which looked fantastic!

Our phones were blowing up around 2:45am.  We’re now at the Geneva airport.  Whirlwind couple of hour.  Our LHR-EWR flight was half full as of 5am.  It is now completely sold out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Our phones were blowing up around 2:45am.  We’re now at the Geneva airport.  Whirlwind couple of hour.  Our LHR-EWR flight was half full as of 5am.  It is now completely sold out.

Wishing you all safe and speedy travel home!

14 minutes ago, eaf said:

Ooh, it sucks getting plans cut short like this! So close to Zetmatt!

If the only fears are flights cancellations I would likely stay and then let the airlines bail me out. It's their problem.

Never let someone else control an outcome you can otherwise control.  I’ll choose near certainty over guaranteed uncertainty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Never let someone else control an outcome you can otherwise control.  I’ll choose near certainty over guaranteed uncertainty.

You made the right choice getting out of Yurp. You can complain all you want to an airline when things go wrong, they don't give a funk. I learned that when I was stuck in Dallas.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1