Lost Ski Area: Tour of Blue Marsh Ski Area, formerly North Heidelberg Ski Club

EdBacon

https://aux.avclub.com/new-jersey-s-action-park-offered-fun-and-injury-for-the-1798247003

This looks like it was a good time, but no its not that either. It's in South Jersey. Very south Jersey. It's basically on the southern edge of the pine barrens and it was a functioning alpine ski area.

8Phgok6.jpg

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

^^^^lol...."traction park".   the stories from that place are incredibly funny.  Makes skiing at Blue look incredibly safe.  

Bummed I missed my spinal realignment on the Snapple Snap-Up Whipper Snapper Ride lol

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

^^^^lol...."traction park".   the stories from that place are incredibly funny.  Makes skiing at Blue look incredibly safe.  

We used to go there.  Always had fun, but some of the amusements there were down right scary!  Looking back, it amazes me that they allowed it to be open at all.

18 hours ago, indiggio said:

We used to go there.  Always had fun, but some of the amusements there were down right scary!  Looking back, it amazes me that they allowed it to be open at all.

Like the Alpine Slide at Camelback. That thing was crazy. To make it safer, we’d drink mass quantities of beer in the bar there prior to getting on the slide

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Like the Alpine Slide at Camelback. That thing was crazy. To make it safer, we’d drink mass quantities of beer in the bar there prior to getting on the slide

Yeah, did that too.  Whoda thought racing down a concrete slide on a scooter would be dangerous???