3/9...afternoon edition..70 and sunny.

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun afternoon session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I pulled into the lower lot at a few minutes before 2 and Bethlehem Ford Guy and his friend were just finishing up said razors was good..another guy in the lot was sad about it being the last weekday.  

Booted up wore a t shirt and shell and no gloves and was roasting except the top of the six pack was comfortable and the ride down.  Strong south wind and not many people in the house.  First lift I rode with one of the guys in the early line ups questioned why we began on challenge vs razors yesterday..answer cause we knew it would be better.  Sheesh am I on judge Judy here.  Another lift ride with patrollers and they felt like a few days of their skison were being stolen from them as well. 

I started on razors top was either big corny piles or scraped off sections almost like a slalom course..I mixed it up was rather pleasant middle section right side was the smoothest and Razorback when I began was the smoothest softest yet fast corn..last section I just straight ran to have speed for homestretch.  Second run I did sidewinder and it was good in the beginning first corner was like 10” deep crud piles last section a little better the falls smooth I was expecting big moguls..

Since razors was so pleasant and a rare run to ski much I just skied that the rest of the time and did Razorback each time by the last two runs Razorback was getting choppy from me and surely a few others..I quit around 330 and Rodney’s crew was getting radical in the lot two rows over from the PASR row..I put a few beers in the freezer at work an hour before I left for skiing and kept them in a bag under a fleece in the backseat to keep them ice cold..had a citra and a perpetual and some cheese and pretzels for the better part of an hour caught up on Facebook and basked in the 70 degree sunlight.  Was a fun afternoon out..only skied 8-9 runs but feel like I skied 20.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

They're saying "due to inclement weather" but today isn't that bad and tomorrow / Thursday look beautiful. They should just be honest.

I mean 70 and sunny is somewhat inclement to keeping snow around

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

50s until the weekend and they have plenty of snow. There wasn't a bare or brown spot anywhere last night. The bumps were on point too (and I'm the furthest thing from a bumper). Blue made a shitty call IMO. I could see closing midweek next week....not this week though.

Ridge when do you leave for CB?  

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

50s until the weekend and they have plenty of snow. There wasn't a bare or brown spot anywhere last night. The bumps were on point too (and I'm the furthest thing from a bumper). Blue made a shitty call IMO. I could see closing midweek next week....not this week though.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1