Crested Butte March 2020

JFskiDan

12 hours ago, Barb said:

315e252a66b7843120ee2ca58447c72d.jpg
Wonderful dinner at Ryce Asian Bistro. Dan and I had the 14er which is chicken, beef, shrimp and scallops. Probably my new favorite meal there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryce is really good food !!

Hope you guys get 6"+ and have a super awesome day. 

• Like 2

Great morning so far. Few runs off of Paradise Bowl. Barb then made her way to East River and Dan and I made our way over to tackle the extremely foggy yet extremely awesome north face. Snow wasn't as good as yesterday but not at all bad. Had to navigate around rocks wherever possible. Pic of Dan crushing the north face below. Fog...what fog??
c1864119ac1445a201fe7bb97edfb37f.jpgfaad9f9ec3663b5b1f886b3f3ecb738a.jpg

• Like 3

Flat iron. A little rough to get into, real nice snow in the middle, concrete at the bottom with a long up and down traverse to get out. First pick looks flat as fuck, but its not. 
F56610AD-0012-46A9-B8DD-6194C908328F.thumb.jpeg.e80790791d52f0cbee5bac74b399f749.jpeg

4E683FBD-89E4-4CEB-A73B-9DB62C8F8C84.thumb.jpeg.91b4453411f2eb6b84b2fc9803ca1616.jpeg

Dom and i are debating if this was banana or flat iron. Take your pick. 

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 6

Another very nice day in the books. Some light snow then sun early on. Barb demo'd skis and she ripped in them. After lunch it started snowing pretty hard and a few inches fell on the mountain, at least up top. After lunch at Butte 66 (impossible burger pic below) Barb headed back to the condo and Dan and I hit Forest back to silver queen to Paradise Bowl where Dan found a nice stash...it's like I was skiing with a local. After another run on Paradise we hit international to the base and called it a day. Another open to almost close sesh where we definitely experienced more of the legendary Crested Butte terrain under the Peak and over on the North face. It's definitely as advertised. Suns out now but supposed to snow later. More pics below...

b7ac70b73e58ecbacdb56cc4c8c1a6f5.jpg

2bff1e65fa2905bb2e1ca76ed832d7cd.jpg

e751424d4db9cccdc5a5a1739db739f1.jpg

5fd55f4c3fa919471f3bbe8bca96a9ac.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 9

It was a great week with the boys! I need to post this so everyone knows how awesome these 2 are.

Yesterday was looking great with about 3” of fresh. We started on Red Lady lift and were traversing over to Paradise lift first run of the day. Started out groomed but on the first head wall after making a few turns something caught my left ski and turned me around backwards. I was totally out of control and fell downhill and landed on the back of my head. When the stars stopped spinning over my head I looked around and saw one pole 10’ above me. I managed to get up and grab that but did not see the other. Finally saw the tip of the strap peeking out from the snow. I slowly skied down and Domenic was waiting for me and Dan had gone back up to look for me.

I was a total mess and he got me over to a picnic table. He asked if I needed medical attention and I wasn’t thinking straight. I said I wasn’t sure and was just going to go back to the house and end my ski day. He called over a patroller who assessed me and looked at my helmet and saw it was cracked. He called for back up and they wrapped me in the taco and put me in the sled.

Diagnosis is a concussion. When the guys got me back to the house I told them I was going to rest and they should go back and ski. They insisted on packing up the house and driving me back to Boulder. They both took such good care of me. I couldn’t even walk without holding on to one of them. And they both got to see me ugly cry. Doctor said concussions make people emotional, women cry and men get very angry. Girl next to me at clinic also had a concussion and she couldn’t stop crying either.

Walking unassisted today, still dizzy with headache and ribs on one side are real sore, so I guess I fell on them too. So a huge thank you and hugs to Dan and Domenic!

26eaa4499391b204e705ce24a7a9f854.jpg
Pic of my helmet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Love 1