Crested Butte March 2020

JFskiDan

Damn! Glad to hear you’re alright! Concussions are no joke. Get a ton of rest the next few weeks. I’ve had my fair share of concussions (7) and it seems like every one effects you in a different way. All the more reason to wear a helmet. 

• Like 1

Got home a few hours ago. Major major thanks to Barb for being so awesome. Always a pleasure skiing with you and hanging out Barb...Thanks again for everything! Was a great time.

Crested Butte is next level good. I don't know that I've ever seen a place with so much steep terrain and we didn't even see all of it. The North Face stuff is essentially a mountain side full of seemingly endless extreme terrain. You can go way out there too. The stuff under the peak was just as insane. Not to mention the powder runs in paradise bowl which were pretty unforgettable. Not sure what all the closures means for my ski season yet but if the turns I made this past week were it, I'm good.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Got home a few hours ago. Major major thanks to Barb for being so awesome. Always a pleasure skiing with you and hanging out Barb...Thanks again for everything! Was a great time.

Crested Butte is next level good. I don't know that I've ever seen a place with so much steep terrain and we didn't even see all of it. The North Face stuff is essentially a mountain side full of seemingly endless extreme terrain. You can go way out there too. The stuff under the peak was just as insane. Not to mention the powder runs in paradise bowl which were pretty unforgettable. Not sure what all the closures means for my ski season yet but if the turns I made this past week were it, I'm good.

Ditto...what a great trip, except of course for the obvious incident.  Crested Butte is really cool.  Very chill place, low crowds so it skis great all day.  Still have some exploring to do there.  Its a pretty easy place to get to flying into Gunnison and staying in town.  Its just a quick bus ride to the mountain, and everything in town is accessible by walking.  Big thanks to Barb for everything she did for us.  Cant believe it was really 5 years ago since we were out.  I am content ending my season on this note.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6d11cfee92fb92e283e3c8d848940d5a.jpg
My doctor did a telephone appt with me and said I should wear a blindfold as much as possible for a few days since I was still so dizzy. I sat my ass on the couch and listened to lots of podcasts and after two days the dizziness is almost gone. Just one small headache spot and a little foginess left.

6d73bcee6349f2ca4d822961fce64618.jpg
Ordered this helmet (on 1/2 off sale!). Has a relatively new technology instead of styrofoam and extra support in the back. Even if I was not banged up right now I would not be in the backcountry. People are acting like fools, crowding trailheads, parking stupid and going out with no gear or education. If I get my boot off on Wednesday (fingers crossed) I am looking forward to walking a ton by the end of the week, then hopefully hiking by the following week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

@indiggio been following all the mayhem. People need to just chill out, hoping this latest round of stay at home orders does something. 

@toast21602 thanks for asking. Monday I turned the corner and woke up for the first time without the “fog.”  Still have a slight headache and have to take breaks from screens. Really wish I could read a book but don’t think I am ready for that yet. Tried driving Yesterday and it made me dizzy. All the fast eye movements I think. Bending over to do laundry etc makes me dizzy still. My studio is having online yoga classes but don’t think I am ready for all the head below heart moves, or balancing for that matter. Hopefully next week. I did get my boot off yesterday, however,  so super psyched about that. Have to wait 2 weeks to hike but I can do neighborhood walks. 

@AtomicSkier looking forward to using it!  

Edited by Barb
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Barb said:

@indiggio been following all the mayhem. People need to just chill out, hoping this latest round of stay at home orders does something. 

@toast21602 thanks for asking. Monday I turned the corner and woke up for the first time without the “fog.”  Still have a slight headache and have to take breaks from screens. Really wish I could read a book but don’t think I am ready for that yet. Tried driving Yesterday and it made me dizzy. All the fast eye movements I think. Bending over to do laundry etc makes me dizzy still. My studio is having online yoga classes but don’t think I am ready for all the head below heart moves, or balancing for that matter. Hopefully next week. I did get my boot off yesterday, however,  so super psyched about that. Have to wait 2 weeks to hike but I can do neighborhood walks. 

@AtomicSkier looking forward to using it!  

Sending positive vibes to you!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Can’t wait to get down there in June. They are allowing 2nd homeowners now but you have to notify the town and self isolate for 7 days. Limited STR and hotels allowed 5/27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4