Colorado Ski trip Planning

Mess

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cancelled my trip. Evergreen Hotel in Vail gave a credit I have 2 years to use (after I complained about 1 year credit - wanting cash back). Jet Blue gave a credit I have 1 year to use. Frontier I believe will refund my miles in full. 

I am worried about buying Epic Pass as I am concerned what happens if they can't re-open next season. 

Figure long run this should at least be good for tombstone biz

You’re the kind of guy who complains that the water at a restaurant isn’t wet enough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I didn't re-up my Ikon pass for that very reason.

I also e-mailed them, asking if they were possibly going to delay the deadline for early-bird pricing.

Their response:

Good Morning

As of March 15, most Ikon Pass destinations have closed in the best interest of their local communities, employees, and Ikon Pass holders. We realize these unprecedented circumstances bring with them many questions. We are working through new policies and protocols and will post new information as it becomes available. We ask for your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries over the coming days and weeks. Ikon Pass sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience and disappointment. For a complete list of closed destinations, visit www.ikonpass.com/covid-19

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center.

Sincerely,
Tracy
Ikon Pass Support
Alterra Mountain Company
888-365-IKON (888.365.4566)
www.IkonPass.com

I havent re-upped my Blue pass at this point either.  I'm sort of on a spending freeze since my income is pretty low at this point.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I havent re-upped my Blue pass at this point either.  I'm sort of on a spending freeze since my income is pretty low at this point.  

I haven't re-upped my Blue Pass either. I kind of feel weird making semi frivolous purchases at this point. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

I haven't re-upped my Blue Pass either. I kind of feel weird making semi frivolous purchases at this point. 

I had just bought my blue pass and new glove liners right before all this shit hit the fan.

Still getting paid as normal for now, but the family is on the poverty budget plan for the foreseeable future just in case one of us loses our job or can't work.  

With all the free time on weekends since we've been isolating, I've actually fixed stuff and done jobs around the house that I might have paid someone to do otherwise.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Schif said:

Same here. Better cautious now than being screwed later. Other than food/beer the only thing I bought was a rack for my bike so I can ride to places to get food/beer instead of drive now that I have more time and it is lighter later.

• Like 3

Yeah I bought my pass right after closing day...other than that, I bought a SUP paddle from my friend's company (https://www.grasssticks.com/) since he was having a sale and I figured I'd support him.  One nice thing about being home is we're not paying day care for now, and gas and tolls are much less than if I was driving to West Chester every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah I bought my pass right after closing day...other than that, I bought a SUP paddle from my friend's company (https://www.grasssticks.com/) since he was having a sale and I figured I'd support him.  One nice thing about being home is we're not paying day care for now, and gas and tolls are much less than if I was driving to West Chester every day.

Thats your friends company? They make some pretty awesome bamboo ski poles.

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Same here. Better cautious now than being screwed later. Other than food/beer the only thing I bought was a rack for my bike so I can ride to places to get food/beer instead of drive now that I have more time and it is lighter later.

i hope you got the one you were looking at the other night. i really thought it would class up your bike.  

Image result for bike basket with flowers

Not that my living expenses are really high, but this time of year is when all my insurance is due, and a tax bill for upstate.  Other than food and a little beer, its little odds and ends for the cars, (mostly to keep myself occupied) and stuff for cleaning around the outside of the house.  Laundry soap isnt cutting the mustard anymore. 

i would imagine a lot of people didnt re-up with Blue, so i wouldnt be surprised by just a small increase, or non for a while.  At this point, its pretty low on my priority list.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JFskiDan said:

i hope you got the one you were looking at the other night. i really thought it would class up your bike.  

Image result for bike basket with flowers

Not that my living expenses are really high, but this time of year is when all my insurance is due, and a tax bill for upstate.  Other than food and a little beer, its little odds and ends for the cars, (mostly to keep myself occupied) and stuff for cleaning around the outside of the house.  Laundry soap isnt cutting the mustard anymore. 

i would imagine a lot of people didnt re-up with Blue, so i wouldnt be surprised by just a small increase, or non for a while.  At this point, its pretty low on my priority list.  

I didn't end up getting that one. Too cheap. I went for a more study crochet basket. Unfortunately, not waterproof... but damn it looks good.

il_570xN.1642534243_i07t.thumb.jpg.0c5537162c6ff24085fbdac04f3c62f3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Other ski areas are extending their discount pass deadlines. I'm sure Blue will follow. I wouldn't worry about buying a pass now.

My company is still open. We support essential industries. Went hiking last weekend and made a list of "all those things you're always meaning to get to but never do" and am knocking them out one at a time. So far put new drawer guides on a bureau and replaced belt on spare vacuum. Parts were bought online. Next up, I have a shoe box full of photos from the film days that are still in the envelopes they were returned in. Starting to put them in an album.

5 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Other ski areas are extending their discount pass deadlines. I'm sure Blue will follow. I wouldn't worry about buying a pass now.

My company is still open. We support essential industries. Went hiking last weekend and made a list of "all those things you're always meaning to get to but never do" and am knocking them out one at a time. So far put new drawer guides on a bureau and replaced belt on spare vacuum. Parts were bought online. Next up, I have a shoe box full of photos from the film days that are still in the envelopes they were returned in. Starting to put them in an album.

I put new drawer guides on a bureau too.  Very satisfying.  That drawer was pissing me off for years.  

That's a decent price for a SUP. Is it inflatable? How's it for transporting on your car?

I have a Peak Expedition Inflatable SUP and I'm pumped to get on the water soon. I always have friends asking about it and the other SUPs in the market.

4 minutes ago, skiincy said:

That's a decent price for a SUP. Is it inflatable? How's it for transporting on your car?

I have a Peak Expedition Inflatable SUP and I'm pumped to get on the water soon. I always have friends asking about it and the other SUPs in the market.

He just makes the bamboo SUP paddles.  With shipping, the sale price is $ 190 right now.  I honestly probably don't NEED a bamboo paddle, but they're really nice.

This is the SUP I have, the FS7 fishing board.  I think I paid $ 300 a couple years ago.  It's an inflatable so I always deflate it for transport.  It's a pretty solid board, super stable and durable.  Definitely not a fast board though, and not great when it's choppy

https://www.amazon.com/Zray-Inflatable-Adjustable-Aluminum-High-Pressure/dp/B07HGQ33DN

So I'm putting off a Blue pass but now I want a kayak or SUP.....

Also I definitely need skis, maybe snowboard bindings and a bike. Good thing the shops are all closed or I would be on a shopping spree

Edited by Schif

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I didn't end up getting that one. Too cheap. I went for a more study crochet basket. Unfortunately, not waterproof... but damn it looks good.

il_570xN.1642534243_i07t.thumb.jpg.0c5537162c6ff24085fbdac04f3c62f3.jpg

i just splurged a bit and bought you these to go with it.  i think they will pick up on the colors of your new basket.  Shipping might be a little slow though.

Image result for pink tassels for bike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1