Colorado Ski trip Planning

Mess

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

So dumb. He's fucking clueless.

Unless you, too, can rise from the dead, I suspect going to church on Easter Sunday will be a bad time to stop social distancing.

How dumb is it that congressman are still using the gym and the pool and that Rand Paul worked out and had lunch with his colleagues between when he was tested and received results??  How scared did Mitt Romney look when he found out about that. I don’t just watch Tucker Carlson the Young Turks always been Steezy. 

On 3/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Reminds me of the song Joy to the World about a bullfrog named Jeremiah.  Your band should do a cover of that. I hope the twins have a good attitude about this.  This is probably scary for kids. 

Kids are remarkably at ease about it. They let the parents do the worrying for them. Saving grace is they were able to do one show - for a reduced audience but streamed for others - of the Frozen Jr school musical they had been rehearsing since Dec - on March 12 - the night before they shut schools down. They had starring roles as Young Anna and Young Elsa. So glad I got to see them do that. They would have been devastated if that got cancelled.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Kids are remarkably at ease about it. They let the parents do the worrying for them. Saving grace is they were able to do one show - for a reduced audience but streamed for others - of the Frozen Jr school musical they had been rehearsing since Dec - on March 12 - the night before they shut schools down. They had starring roles as Young Anna and Young Elsa. So glad I got to see them do that. They would have been devastated if that got cancelled.

Thats good. They also probably don't able grasp the severity of it, which is probably good. Props to you for keeping them cool and calm through everything so far. I know (not from personal experience) that being a parent during all of this can become overwhelming. Fa la la lucky I don't have to deal with that yet. 

• Like 1

Extended to April 30. I’ll renew mine sometime before then. Actually making MORE money right now, getting 25% appreciation pay bump at work. Some might call it hazard pay.

Confirmed on the April 30th deadline. Just spoke with them. And I don't qualify for the $399 deal because I didn't purchase a triple play last year (but did receive the email).
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People need to stay on topic.  BTW I’m voting for your dog on Burma road picture for our annual photo contest!!!

There's an annual photo contest? I wasn't told any of this in my introduction to PASR 101 

• Confused 1

• 10 months later...

Got shot 1 today and booked to ski Vail April 6-8 (after shot 2) using flight and hotel credits from cancelled trip last year that are about to expire. Basically a free trip other than parking at JFK, ground transport from DIA, and $60 to check skis and boots r/t.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Make that skiing Vail 4 days April 6-9

Out of pocket costs:

4 nights Evergreen Lodge king bed mountain view - free with about to expire credit

4 days skiing - free with Epic

RT Jet Blue flights for 2 (bringing my non skiing GF) including fee to check skis  - $168 (after using about to expire credit)

RT shuttle DIA to Vail for 2 - $258

Total = $426 + parking at JFK for 5 day CO vaca for 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Make that skiing Vail 4 days April 6-9

Out of pocket costs:

4 nights Evergreen Lodge king bed mountain view - free with about to expire credit

4 days skiing - free with Epic

RT Jet Blue flights for 2 (bringing my non skiing GF) including fee to check skis  - $168 (after using about to expire credit)

RT shuttle DIA to Vail for 2 - $258

Total = $426 + parking at JFK for 5 day CO vaca for 2

How much did you pay for hotel last year?  That shuttle sounds cheap..will you tip the shuttle bus guy?  Why aren’t you taking the twins?  

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much did you pay for hotel last year?  That shuttle sounds cheap..will you tip the shuttle bus guy?  Why aren’t you taking the twins?  

Paid $769 for hotel last year. Using about $710 of it up now.

Yeah will tip shuttle guy. Cheap rate due to 20% discount from Epic Pass

Twins won't be vaxxed yet so not taking them on plane. Their call. 3-4 days skiing somewhere drivable (TBD based on conditions) with them right before I fly to Vail. 

At 27 days in so far, barring another lock down, this will be a record setting season for me. Most I ever skied in a season was 31 days and I could well break 40 this year. Girls will beat their record too - now at 15, could top 20.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Paid $769 for hotel last year. Using about $710 of it up now.

Yeah will tip shuttle guy. Cheap rate due to 20% discount from Epic Pass

Twins won't be vaxxed yet so not taking them on plane. Their call. 3-4 days skiing somewhere drivable (TBD based on conditions) with them before I fly to Vail. 

At 27 days in so far, barring another lock down, this will be a record setting season for me. Most I ever skied in a season was 31 days and I could well break 40 this year.

Way to get after it...wasn’t even thinking about kids vaccines.  

• Like 1