Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

43 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

the survival time on cardboard is what is craziest to me. we've ordered way too much stuff online the past week or so and obviously everything ships in cardboard boxes that end up sitting near our back door til i take them out to the recycling bin in the alley.

Ever since crazies started sending various poisons in the mail a few years back, I've taken to washing my hands immediately after opening the mail or receiving packages and throw the envelopes/cardboard into the recycling pile immediately.

6 hours ago, Barb said:

Moab is basically shutting down the town since lots of people were flocking there and their hospital and resources are so small. People on FB are now asking “Where can I camp that’s warm since I can’t go to Moab?”  Jesus just stay home!  I admit that it took a while to sink in for me. Even on Saturday we were saying to each other “Should we be skiing?”  But people who don’t grasp the gravity of the situation now, I just don’t get it. 

A lot of the people that are flocking to Moab do not have an actual home besides their van, they can only go where they are allowed and the places they are allowed are shutting down. Its a real problem in UT right now. Im sure it is also an issue in CO. 

• Thanks 1

Curious to see how many cases are diagnosed today.
1698020661_ScreenShot2020-03-18at8_53_08AM.thumb.png.1d2160d508e11cb0fca42916748b705e.png

Logarithmic growth until social distancing practices take hold.

FEMA is setting up two testing centers in jersey which should be operational sometime next week. tRUMP finally sent a naval floating hospital ship to nyc. Good to see amateur hour almost over but man we are far far behind the eight ball. Merica!
  • Like 2

Not only until social distancing practices take hold, but until adequate testing capabilities are in place to see just how many people are infected.

Yes. And early days of widespread tests availability will make a lot of people freak out as it gives the impression of a worsening situation but in reality it’s just shining a light on what is actually occurring.

I think my recreational store in cc is shuttered [emoji20]
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Logarithmic growth until social distancing practices take hold.

FEMA is setting up two testing centers in jersey which should be operational sometime next week. tRUMP finally sent a naval floating hospital ship to nyc. Good to see amateur hour almost over but man we are far far behind the eight ball. Merica!

I heard the USNS Comfort was undergoing maintenance and had no staff called yet for its emergency readiness medical mission 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Are folks still walking in to buy cars?

Just ordered a car for my dad...did it all via email, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for me.  We've had this discussion before though...TP4s sales manager is old school and thinks the only way to sell a car is face to face.

56 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

A lot of folks are doing all the normal stuff. That’s why we’re fucked.  I notice it’s mostly older or younger people who don’t care.  Of course based on my inferences I had to hit google to see if anybody else thought the same thing.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/convincing-boomer-parents-to-take-the-coronavirus-seriously/amp

i felt kind of dirty turning an old man away at my work earlier..gave him a brochure and business card and he had question after question and had to be short with him...the old are clueless or don’t care..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of folks are doing all the normal stuff. That’s why we’re fucked.  I notice it’s mostly older or younger people who don’t care.  Of course based on my inferences I had to hit google to see if anybody else thought the same thing.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/convincing-boomer-parents-to-take-the-coronavirus-seriously/amp

i felt kind of dirty turning an old man away at my work earlier..gave him a brochure and business card and he had question after question and had to be short with him...the old are clueless or don’t care..

Lock the door.  Put a sign on the door that says please call us for information.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Lock the door.  Put a sign on the door that says please call us for information.

I made a sign for my office’s front door.  Can send you a copy tomorrow if you need it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I have people coming by dropping off signed approval sketches and paying off their balances as well.  But good to know..especially cause this is probably gonna be more like 2 months vs the 2 weeks I initially thought. 

I was so conflicted turning somebody away earlier as likely he’ll go to a competitor 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

We went to curbside orders only through our app or website and the cash only culture is suffering. Some don’t even have a computer or smart phone.

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

In general no, but occasionally we’ll have a busy day.  Last week was super dead during the week, but Saturday was very busy.  Monday and Tuesday this week were super dead, but today we were getting some walk ins.  We are thinking maybe people are starting to get stir crazy and just going out anyway

• Like 1