Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Wonder how this works for people like me who work for an insurance company (not life sustaining business) but can and have been working from home  

If you can work from home you should be fine. This is aimed at keeping people from gathering not shutting down the economy entirely although the effect might not be far off.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

If you can work from home you should be fine. This is aimed at keeping people from gathering not shutting down the economy entirely although the effect might not be far off.

Yeah that’s the direction I just got from work. If you’re already remote, keep working. If you’re not, office is closed and on paid leave. 

happy I can keep working because it’s something to do for 8 hours a day, however I deal with body shops, the work is going to slow BIG time soon if it doesn’t just come to a complete halt. 

A mother in her 70s and two of her children in their 50s died in New Jersey from the corona virus on the same day.  Are there strains within this that are more powerful??

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-family-3-deaths-4-hospitalized-coronavirus.amp

There are many different strains as the mutation rate is pretty high. So in theory some strains nY be more virulent then others. But I think more critical to outcome is the amount of particles you are exposed to, dose if you will. That family you are talking about ate dinner together and you can envision large viral loads passed between them.

Or not
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

If I recall, @eaf was arguing the virus is no big deal, versus @toast21602 arguing that it is a big deal.

Edited by saltyant

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If I recall, @eaf was arguing the virus is no big deal, versus @toast21602 arguing that it is a big deal.

Well who’s right...the nurse almost doctor or the guy who skis on ladies skis and wears a face mask when it’s 45 degrees out. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If anybody has a spare 8 minutes watch this. 

I actually show this at the start of one of my lectures on disaster preparedness and global health. Some really great points made here that are even more relevant to what is currently going on. I'm sure there will be some new ones coming out after this latest pandemic. 

9 hours ago, saltyant said:

As a recap, eat was saying that hysteria around the virus is killing businesses along with stock market and is making things worse because people either way use time off school to fly to Florida, and kill each other raiding supermarkets.

eaf also remembers predicting before the trip that toast would end up in a quarantine instead of party. He just thought that the quarantine would be mandatory as was already the case in Russia at that time.

Finally eaf was saying that GSS is doomed staying behind locked doors not for two weeks as he hopes, but for a year, in an on/off fashion.

• Confused 2