Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Pocono Pizza, if you havent been there yet, has a baller meatball sub.  really nice bread, which is what i always thinks makes or breaks a sandwich.  
Times are going to be difficult for a lot of people.  Personally if i had a restaurant, i would turn my wait staff, into delivery staff.  

Tried them and their sandwiches are awesome. Thinking Frank's down on 209 though. They sent an email the other day that almost had my wife in tears...They need help. Plus they passed along reassurances that they're sanitizing like crazy.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The people on the morning calls Facebook comments are so retarded.  Whenever they say the number of cases has gone up they say of course the number of cases are gonna go up more people are being tested.  I have a feeling a few of them went to MIT with Eaf 

Some of my most favorite seasons of Survivor are those with James, the big macho grave digger. I'll say for those who didn't watch it that he struggled a lot initially. Might explain why I'm so concerned of how you eat, live and don't run out of cash.

Edited by eaf
  • Haha 1

Some of my most favorite seasons of Survivor are those with James, the big macho grave digger. Might explain why I'm so concerned of how you eat, live and don't run out of cash.

Eaf don't get me started on survivor. This season is going down the tubes fast...and I had such high hopes.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

His attempt at speaking for you failed miserably. Anywho you should absolutely purchase an iPad for when your in the hotel house and need a bigger screen for web browsing, watching videos etc. You won't regret it.

PARidge is your work shutting down or business as usual?

49 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Pocono Pizza, if you havent been there yet, has a baller meatball sub.  really nice bread, which is what i always thinks makes or breaks a sandwich.  

Times are going to be difficult for a lot of people.  Personally if i had a restaurant, i would turn my wait staff, into delivery staff.  

There just isn’t as much demand for restaurant food right now with people staying home and stocking up on groceries.  At my local bar they tried to do takeout earlier this week and canned the idea after two days.  I was just at the Yoccos in Allentown and only three customer.  Also at the bank only drive thru open and I realized that those containers that go through the tubes are germy as fuck..1:19pm and I’m in for the day...kind of sad. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There just isn’t as much demand for restaurant food right now with people staying home and stocking up on groceries.  At my local bar they tried to do takeout earlier this week and canned the idea after two days.  I was just at the Yoccos in Allentown and only three customer.  Also at the bank only drive thru open and I realized that those containers that go through the tubes are germy as fuck..1:19pm and I’m in for the day...kind of sad. 

GSS you can always go for a walk like the Brady Kids.  

• Love 1

Apparently someone at my work (although they work on a different floor), tested positive.  They sent everyone home at lunch, but I was home already anyway today.  I'm guessing the office will be closed for at least a week.  

I've been doing takeout too, but my local taproom is already closed after a few days of takeout only.  I'll hit up a few other restaurants this weekend. I'll probably go out and get more beer later.  

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, eaf said:

Some of my most favorite seasons of Survivor are those with James, the big macho grave digger. I'll say for those who didn't watch it that he struggled a lot initially. Might explain why I'm so concerned of how you eat, live and don't run out of cash.

Why would I run out of cash??  I’m guessing my monthly expenses are lower than virtually all the PASRs and I don’t have kids.  

30 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Eaf don't get me started on survivor. This season is going down the tubes fast...and I had such high hopes.

Reminds me of that eye of the tiger song.  Do y’all watch Big Brother and Dancing with the Stars as well?   The only show I’m interested in is Dave with Lil Dicky...I haven’t really watched Tv I’m several years..just on the internet constantly 

7 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Apparently someone at my work (although they work on a different floor), tested positive.  They sent everyone home at lunch, but I was home already anyway today.  I'm guessing the office will be closed for at least a week.  

I've been doing takeout too, but my local taproom is already closed after a few days of takeout only.  I'll hit up a few other restaurants this weekend. I'll probably go out and get more beer later.  

Is the work your office does on the list of businesses that are allowed to be open??  Are people at your work gonna get tested?  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Reminds me of that eye of the tiger song.  Do y’all watch Big Brother and Dancing with the Stars as well?   The only show I’m interested in is Dave with Lil Dicky...I haven’t really watched Tv I’m several years..just on the internet constantly 

Speaking of Big Brother. How do ya all feel about e.g. this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/06/more-scary-than-coronavirus-south-koreas-health-alerts-expose-private-lives?

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Whatever if the South Koreans want to hack into my iPhone and watch me masterbate they can go for it...the thought is actually a little kinky as long as it’s for the sake of science. 

Eaf what are you wearing??

167BCA57-82EE-4B62-AE29-080986C70971.gif

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is the work your office does on the list of businesses that are allowed to be open??  Are people at your work gonna get tested?  

Yeah supposedly my work is a life sustaining business.  A lot of our customers are big companies like AT&T, Comcast, Charter, T-Mobile, etc. and I'm guessing they're all staying open.  I would think at least people on that floor should get tested.  Each floor has a separate kitchen, bathrooms, etc., so I don't think I would've come in contact with them, but if it's easy enough to get tested, I would probably do it also.

21 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah supposedly my work is a life sustaining business.  A lot of our customers are big companies like AT&T, Comcast, Charter, T-Mobile, etc. and I'm guessing they're all staying open.  I would think at least people on that floor should get tested.  Each floor has a separate kitchen, bathrooms, etc., so I don't think I would've come in contact with them, but if it's easy enough to get tested, I would probably do it also.

Well I hope the person is ok.  The tanning salon down the street from me is still open..I’m good still a little red from Gaper day.  The life sustaining business is such a gray area..my friend had to check with the state senator to get the Ok that the apartment complex she manages is considered life sustaining and I guess it is due to 24 hour access.  My business is not life sustaining I can’t argue that one bit..I’ll still come in to take in the mail every day or two.  

I had somebody who wanted an appointment tomorrow and I said no..I’ve given up a solid $6-7k in business this week..it stings a little.  

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Biz as usual.

Well that means paychecks as usual!!!!  My friends girlfriend is a professional pet sitter and dog walker and she has zero work.  Nobody is going away and everybody is working from home..I told my friend about that and her response was,”that’s what happens when people don’t have real jobs”...yikes that is harsh. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich