Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow @Ski2Live Live2Ski in Colorado they’re still getting after it....falalalalala

17D08E1A-8B67-4555-9FE6-A29AC3B9BC8C.png

That’s a lot of cars...

went to wissahickon today in Philly for a little hike and no joke, there were a crazy amount of cars. Should have taken a pic. The parking lot was overflowing and people were parking on the sides.

Edited by skiincy

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Trexler nature preserve has been packed this week.  Jacobsburg State Park less so, but everyone is out enjoying nature.  🤷‍♂️

And stopping at gas stations and restaurants on the way home.  Self service car washes still open.  Crazy not seeing a huge line of cars at Kuhnsville car wash. 

On 3/22/2020 at 4:19 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Trexler nature preserve has been packed this week.  Jacobsburg State Park less so, but everyone is out enjoying nature.  🤷‍♂️

yesterday was slammed, I got the next to last spot (because i moved over to make room for one more) at trex north range lot. It was like gaper day with lot;s of newbs, kids, and a pack of 10-15 older hikers with full packs wtf ?!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

yesterday was slammed, I got the next to last spot (because i moved over to make room for one more) at trex north range lot. It was like gaper day with lot;s of newbs, kids, and a pack of 10-15 older hikers with full packs wtf ?!?!?!?

There was a guy crossing Lincoln Drive heading into Wissahickon yesterday with a gigantic pack on. Looked like he was planning on spending a week in the park. 

My uncle who lives in New York has Corona.  He’s a doctor who lives in Scarsdale and a few of the nurses he knows have it as well. Sounds like he was sick and had a cough and fever and got tested and he’s at home right now. Aside from that a friend of a friends whole family has it and they live in the New Rochelle area a grandparent died and 3 other family members test positive for it.  I didn’t think it would hit close to home so fast.  

• Sad 7

Sorry to hear that Steeze.

We're royally screwed in Hazleton. So many people travel back and forth between NY/NJ that the citizens petitioned the mayor to shut down the daily shuttle service. Some have, some are still operating I believe. Plus there are warehouses everywhere and people are continuing to work. Giant breeding grounds for COVID-19 cases. I hate even going in grocery stores but what am I gonna do for cat food?

Edited by saltyant

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sorry to hear Doug. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

Lock us down at this point. That's where I'm at. People clearly aren't paying attention.

Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and a few others are pretty much on lockdown, but since a lot of businesses are considered essential, people are still out and about.  That's certainly not helping stop the spread of the virus