Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Stupid people corona potlucks in New York has speakeasies. People need to stick to texting their friends and posting pictures of sandwiches on Facebook. 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/new-yorkers-are-throwing-corona-potlucks-and-visiting-speakeasies/amp/

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I went to Aldi on Wednesday and wore my n95 mask 😷.  Most of the people in the store and all of the employees were wearing basic surgical masks. 

Limit 2 on mostly everything, except pre-packaged deli meats and cheese. Meat case was pretty picked over but managed to get two 3lb+ eye rounds and two chuck roasts. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Isn't there a lockdown order in place? In other words they shouldn't be traveling anyway right?

Ha!  Like anybody is abiding by the lockdown orders.

Wolf, on last Thursday's call, did say they were investigating stopping bus service from NYC.

I remember during Sandy, there were tons of NY/NJ people coming over to get gasoline and groceries.
Guess that's all been forgotten too.

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

Ha!  Like anybody is abiding by the lockdown orders.

Wolf, on last Thursday's call, did say they were investigating stopping bus service from NYC.

I remember during Sandy, there were tons of NY/NJ people coming over to get gasoline and groceries.
Guess that's all been forgotten too.

Martz bus line has suspended service into Philly and NYC on the 25th.  Which is a super good thing as tons of new yorkers commute between the poconos and NYC. Most of the NY commuters live in Monroe County.  Amazingly enough, confirmed cases are under 100 still.  Carbon county at 2.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

I get it. And there should be leeway given to those individuals IMO.

Well people are doing an ok job with social distancing.  Still some of my customers think it’s business as usual.  When I was in the office with the lights out the other day two people looked at pretty much every tombstone in our yard for like 30 minutes. It killed me cause I very likely could have gone out there and got and order or at least planted the seed for a future one.  

Well people are doing an ok job with social distancing.  Still some of my customers think it’s business as usual.  When I was in the office with the lights out the other day two people looked at pretty much every tombstone in our yard for like 30 minutes. It killed me cause I very likely could have gone out there and got and order or at least planted the seed for a future one.  

Actually I think I misinterpreted your post. When I read local busses are running I thought you were referring to local bus lines running to and from NYC...hence my "that makes no sense reaction". I see you're referring to local city busses which makes a little more sense. My bad.

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Actually I think I misinterpreted your post. When I read local busses are running I thought you were referring to local bus lines running to and from NYC...hence my "that makes no sense reaction". I see you're referring to local city busses which makes a little more sense. My bad.

Correct...I know somebody who peed himself on the Lanta bus going from Easton to Allentown 

• Confused 1

Martz bus line has suspended service into Philly and NYC on the 25th.  Which is a super good thing as tons of new yorkers commute between the poconos and NYC. Most of the NY commuters live in Monroe County.  Amazingly enough, confirmed cases are under 100 still.  Carbon county at 2.  

That’s gotta be the stupidest life plan ever. Live in pennsy and work in nyc. So 5hrs/day is spent traveling to/from work. All because they get a bigger house. Idiots
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Oh, disregard my other post. 

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

That’s gotta be the stupidest life plan ever. Live in pennsy and work in nyc. So 5hrs/day is spent traveling to/from work. All because they get a bigger house. Idiots

They advertise East stroudsburg as an easy nyc commute pretty heavily.  Always seemed crazy to me that you essentially have an hour and a half drive to the Hudson River, and then the fun task begins of parking the car and waiting for a train ride, or sitting in traffic in a tunnel and then paying out the ass to park in Manhattan