Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

I am no covid expert. But both. I keep iso propyl alcohol in car with wipes

I wear my wife’s gloves she wears when dyeing her hair. Cheap shit but a thousand or three per box I triple glove.

Go shoppie shoppie.

Also keep bleach solution in spray bottle to hit all the amazon boxes before bringing in and also in my car

https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Sometime when you get really bored google “A pocono country place”. Its a huge development in tobyhanna that was built up, and their target audience was people from NY. over valued homes, mortgage shenanigans for those who really couldnt afford it, and the list goes on. Tons of empty homes there that people just walked away from. Place is a total shithole.   

It’s a shame. We used to camp at Tobyhanna State Park all the time. We never go there now. 

2 hours ago, tarponhead said:

I am no covid expert. But both. I keep iso propyl alcohol in car with wipes

I wear my wife’s gloves she wears when dyeing her hair. Cheap shit but a thousand or three per box I triple glove.

Go shoppie shoppie.

Also keep bleach solution in spray bottle to hit all the amazon boxes before bringing in and also in my car

I haven’t been in a store in about a week and a half. Went today. They seem to really be spacing people out in line, however, didn’t limit number of people in the store. I was surprised how many people had masks on... that weren’t covering their noses. I didn’t wear gloves or a mask, just washed my hands when I got home, which I always did anyway. 

• Like 2

My roommate is a cop so for the time being we’ve set up what is essentially a “decontamination” station in our garage (detatched) for when he comes home from work, shoes, belt, kevlar vest, etc stay in the garage and get sprayed, everything else gets put into a bag and hand washed immediately, inside of the car gets Lysol wiped down, all computer keys get cleaned, door handles cleaned, etc. it’s about an hour and a half worth of work AFTER someone comes home from a minimum 12 hour shift... 

and yet people still aren’t taking social distancing seriously 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

It’s a shame. We used to camp at Tobyhanna State Park all the time. We never go there now. 

I ride past there all the time.  I’m always surprised how busy the boat launch parking lot is...filled with non-PA plates.  They do have a nice restroom, though 😃

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I ride past there all the time.  I’m always surprised how busy the boat launch parking lot is...filled with non-PA plates.  They do have a nice restroom, though 😃

Pa State parks should seriously consider charging a small entry fee for out of state vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Pa State parks should seriously consider charging a small entry fee for out of state vehicles. 

Probably not a financially viable solution to crowds. They have to the have the facilities and personnel to monitor and collect all those fees. Some state parks have so many access points that it would be almost impossible. 

• Like 1

I always found it funny that New Yorkers get blamed for the Poconos crime when a vast majority of the crime is from locals born and raised in the Poconos.  The amount of heroin up there is amazing.  Lake Ariel and green town are like Kensington jr’s

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Do you get chlorine from a pool store?

Acr products is our local guy. Great place.

Pool stores are expensive and dont sell Jerry cans big enough. Or 50 gallon drums

Equipment trade services might be close to you if you need hard to find stuff.

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I always found it funny that New Yorkers get blamed for the Poconos crime when a vast majority of the crime is from locals born and raised in the Poconos.  The amount of heroin up there is amazing.  Lake Ariel and green town are like Kensington jr’s

I’m not blaming New Yorkers for the crime.  Every state around here charges a fee, fees here could help with maintenance of bathrooms, trails, beaches. 

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like geographic discrimination to me although with local pools and municipal golf courses residents usually get a discount 

Doug, you spend zero time doing anything outside. When is the last time you were in a state park? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Doug, you spend zero time doing anything outside. When is the last time you were in a state park? 

I was at jacobsburg last summer and they didn’t charge money.  I’m outside all the time helping deliver tombstones. What is skiing thats time time outside???  GTFO and I’m GSS not Doug 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

40 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’m not blaming New Yorkers for the crime.  Every state around here charges a fee, fees here could help with maintenance of bathrooms, trails, beaches. 

National parks charge a fee. State parks could too. Remember when the hoards from NJ/NY where over running the local parks and they had to close them on weekends. It's the same in the state parks close to the Delaware.

Route 80 corridor. Local facebook group said Shoprite in Brodheadsville was slammed with front platers. Let’s face it, if you have a vacation home in the Poconos, that’s where you want to be.

It's absolutely infuriating. Instead of locking down counties after it expands. PROACTIVELY lock down the whole state. I'm getting really fucking frustrated with Pennsylvania's lack of a response.

• Like 2