Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

10 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I can't watch him anymore....or the media.....There are a couple of good interviews with Dr. Fauci floating around You Tube..I feel he pretty much tells it like it is.....

I had been watching for entertainment purposes, but it’s just too painful listening to his drivel.  Ted talks and Joe Rogan are a couple of my go-to’s.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

It is infuriating that he is accusing healthcare providers of stealing supplies when they are forced to use the same mask for an entire shift or even longer. But enough bitching about him.

Stay home and with as few people as possible.  

Yes, we got an email saying to use the N95 mask for multiple patients and several days, unless visibly soiled. We are to put it in our brown paper bag when we’re not using it. We have 4 dedicated covid rooms, expectation is one nurse can care for all 4! I’m like WTF, if all 4 are seriously ill, how can one person do that.  I said something, but was ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we got an email saying to use the N95 mask for multiple patients and several days, unless visibly soiled. We are to put it in our brown paper bag when we’re not using it. We have 4 dedicated covid rooms, expectation is one nurse can care for all 4! I’m like WTF, if all 4 are seriously ill, how can one person do that.  I said something, but was ignored. 

Your a nurse?! Stay safe and thank you!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t worried about this initially, I’m not one to panic immediately. And I’m very distrustful of the media. Mainstream and otherwise. But I did take all the recommendations seriously, hand washing, stay away from crowds- but I practice social distancing when there isn’t a pandemic 🙂. I’m hoping 30+ years of people coughing in my face has given me a great immune system. 

• Like 5

Just now, tarponhead said:

Which allows Health care workers to keep rocking. Cool beans all around

I agree if I was a doctor or nurse I’d probably quit if I didn’t have adaquate supplies. This is the first time I’ve ever thought of this risking their lives for their job.  When I go to the doctor it’s more you’re fat or you haven’t been here in awhile or how are your parents.  Different perspective. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I agree if I was a doctor or nurse I’d probably quit if I didn’t have adaquate supplies. This is the first time I’ve ever thought of this risking their lives for their job.  When I go to the doctor it’s more you’re fat or you haven’t been here in awhile or how are your parents.  Different perspective. 

You'd be surprised what actually happens in some healthcare settings... especially outside of a physicians outpatient office. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

You'd be surprised what actually happens in some healthcare settings... especially outside of a physicians outpatient office. 

Yeah, Drs offices have it a little easier. “Oh, you’re sick? We can see you next week. Go to the ER if you need to be seen today” We had a great PCP, then Lehigh bought the practice, and things changed a lot.

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Like crackheads attacking doctors this is at least exposing common desk jockeys to what goes on in hospitals. My only view was watching Doogie Howser MD and Scrubs. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, C1erArt said:

..... Let’s face it, if you have a vacation home in the Poconos, that’s where you want to be.

I took a quick trip to TLCITW to do the after winter shutdown. There were a noticeable amount of summer homes being occupied, that are never used in the winter... Chets is closed - I did a drive-by. 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Hard to believe only 3 weeks ago, we were at Chet’s having s great time. 

It feels like a lot longer since the ski season shut down, though I guess you're right it's only been 3 weeks. 

Hard to believe only 3 weeks ago, we were at Chet’s having s great time. 

Came home from CO two weeks ago yesterday. Seems like an eternity ago when life was sorta normal. When discussing dates, we actually kicked around booking a week later than we actually did. Had we did that there, obviously, wouldn't have been a trip. The day we flew out is the day Vail shut down all of their resorts. The plane was half empty when JFDan and I re-booked our flights. It ended up filling up within a few hours span.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how the stock market opens up in a few minutes. Trump ordering social distancing through the end of April along with Dr Fauci predicting over 100,000 US deaths will likely cause the market to fall hard..oil will drop more as well as demand is so low...

I saw gas at $1.97 yesterday.