Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I've heard discussion from some of my colleagues at St. Luke's and LVH that the Army Corps is planning on constructing a temporary hospital ASAP in Monroe County because of all the cases that are being reported there and the lack of hospital beds to treat them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It will be interesting to see how the stock market opens up in a few minutes. Trump ordering social distancing through the end of April along with Dr Fauci predicting over 100,000 US deaths will likely cause the market to fall hard..oil will drop more as well as demand is so low...

Stock indexes up +2% so far today 👍

1187BC40-2044-4D87-A96B-76488CEC554F.png

• Like 1

The stock market is not the economy, if the repo market locks up it will be in complete free fall before anyone can say Bob's your uncle. 

DE is apparently closing their borders though I imagine enforcement will be nil still pretty interesting.  I know lots of nj and NY were at the beach. 

I see math says the peak is two weeks away pa somewhere in the 2 to 3k a day range which isn't terrible.  Anyone got any good reasons why we won't see those numbers ? 

DE is so quiet it's hard to believe anyone could be passing it around but I did see the buses are still running. Berks a shit ton of people are out at the parks which I totally get but seems counterproductive to me. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

The stock market is not the economy, if the repo market locks up it will be in complete free fall before anyone can say Bob's your uncle. 

DE is apparently closing their borders though I imagine enforcement will be nil still pretty interesting.  I know lots of nj and NY were at the beach. 

I see math says the peak is two weeks away pa somewhere in the 2 to 3k a day range which isn't terrible.  Anyone got any good reasons why we won't see those numbers ? 

DE is so quiet it's hard to believe anyone could be passing it around but I did see the buses are still running. Berks a shit ton of people are out at the parks which I totally get but seems counterproductive to me. 

We've been behind since the start and we're in it for the long hall now. From what I've read, peaks are obviously going to be different in all areas. I can see PA being within the next few week which is concerning since there is already a strain on health systems right now. I worry more about other places. I read that Houston tested 250 people in the last 24 hours? 250?! Isn't that like a top 5 population city in the country? Basically a hotbed of COVID. If people think it isn't in these major cities they're crazy. Then there is loony evangelical wizardry creature Jerry Falwell who opens up his stupid college in the middle of all this. Some people are just dumb. 

Stay home. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

DE is apparently closing their borders though I imagine enforcement will be nil still pretty interesting.  

According to my Dad, who is an essential employee and works in DE, They’ve been pulling over out of state tags and inquiring why you’re in Delaware and where you are headed... he got nailed this morning. He showed him the paperwork from his company and the guy let him go. I’d assumed if you don’t have a legitimate reason to be there they’ll just tell you to turn around and go home, and if you’re caught again it’s a fine or something. 

We've been behind since the start and we're in it for the long hall now. From what I've read, peaks are obviously going to be different in all areas. I can see PA being within the next few week which is concerning since there is already a strain on health systems right now. I worry more about other places. I read that Houston tested 250 people in the last 24 hours? 250?! Isn't that like a top 5 population city in the country? Basically a hotbed of COVID. If people think it isn't in these major cities they're crazy. Then there is loony evangelical wizardry creature Jerry Falwell who opens up his stupid college in the middle of all this. Some people are just dumb. 

Stay home. 

For union county (jersey, half million peeps in 100 sq miles) we are at 1213 confirmed cases and testing is still pretty limited. We were at under 200 a week ago.

Currently jersey is at 16,636 cases confirmed and 198 deaths. Also notable is the 25,224 negative tests.

Oh that Falwell idiot- he calling people names ala trump mocking on anyone that questions his judgement. Real asshole
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kyle said:

According to my Dad, who is an essential employee and works in DE, They’ve been pulling over out of state tags and inquiring why you’re in Delaware and where you are headed... he got nailed this morning. He showed him the paperwork from his company and the guy let him go. I’d assumed if you don’t have a legitimate reason to be there they’ll just tell you to turn around and go home, and if you’re caught again it’s a fine or something. 

That''s good to know. I'm listed as essential for my office  and I had to get to work yesterday to grab files I needed but didn't see a cop on my drive in. I knew they had that starting at 8am yesterday but good to know that they are reinforcing it.

What a weird time to be alive.  Philly has definitely taken the stay at home order more serious. About 1.5 weeks ago, I ran to FDR park and there were 2 soccer games and tennis courts packed. Idiots. We took the dog for a long walk Sunday and the city was very very quiet. Mostly people walking dogs or carrying groceries bags. 

• Like 1

For union county (jersey, half million peeps in 100 sq miles) we are at 1213 confirmed cases and testing is still pretty limited. We were at under 200 a week ago.

Currently jersey is at 16,636 cases confirmed and 198 deaths. Also notable is the 25,224 negative tests.

24 hrs later;
Statewide + is 18,696 (2k increase from yesterday)
Deaths at 267
Union county increased to 1418

Y axis gonna go vertical real soon
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

24 hrs later;
Statewide + is 18,696 (2k increase from yesterday)
Deaths at 267
Union county increased to 1418

Y axis gonna go vertical real soon

We'll be at 200k+ cases real soon. Things are about to get interesting. See you all in 2021.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We’ll be at a million by easter..I’m also hearing there’s a lot more cases do to all those folks not being tested. 

Yeah no shit I’ve been saying that for two weeks. The early testing fuck up is why this is growing exponentially. There still isn’t enough testing like we were told there would be.