Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Makes sense as they were probably losing a ton of revenue. 

We have/had a big problem in this area of people driving to Delaware and Maryland to buy liquor since the state stores were closed, it’s probably a mixture of them losing money, and trying to get people to stay the fuck home instead of going to another state for their bottle of whatever 

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We have/had a big problem in this area of people driving to Delaware and Maryland to buy liquor since the state stores were closed, it’s probably a mixture of them losing money, and trying to get people to stay the fuck home instead of going to another state for their bottle of whatever 

How many miles are you from DE/MD?  

I think fishing, biking, etc. are also allowed from what I've read

Jersey trout opening was today. I think they just dumped the entire 6”+ fish into any river/stream from the hatcheries. Only stocking of the year. Can’t wait to see the hero-hillbilly pics of camo-garbed dudes holding up their stringer.

Merica and all.

(Props to any health care workers)
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Jersey trout opening was today. I think they just dumped the entire 6”+ fish into any river/stream from the hatcheries. Only stocking of the year. Can’t wait to see the hero-hillbilly pics of camo-garbed dudes holding up their stringer.

Merica and all.

Take it to the camo-garbed dudes thread. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Merica and all.

Sounds like opening day for trout in PA too.  I haven't gone since like 2006 and it was a mess then, I'm sure it's worse now.  If I get out to fish, it's going to be smallmouth bass in the river or at a local pond on a friend's property, no stocked trout.  I normally start fishing saltwater early April, but that's not gonna happen for me until things start getting better

Sounds like opening day for trout in PA too.  I haven't gone since like 2006 and it was a mess then, I'm sure it's worse now.  If I get out to fish, it's going to be smallmouth bass in the river or at a local pond on a friend's property, no stocked trout.  I normally start fishing saltwater early April, but that's not gonna happen for me until things start getting better

I *think* the snow making ponds at blue are stocked with tuna. Be cool meet up day
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Schif said:

In my brief experience with hospital supply chain work, there is an issue with overstocking on most things that don't get used. Nearly everything in a hospital has an expiration date from the drugs and saline bags down to surgical gowns and gloves. A reason that the hospitals stock to a predetermined level for each item based on historical need coupled with a safety stock is of course a product of not spending too much money, but also in reducing waste. If a hospital was to stock up on sterilized packaged masks (the packaging is a whole other supply chain issue I have  experience with as well) and wait for a pandemic, then when they did their annual inventory it is likely that in a non pandemic year they would run into an expiration date issue and have to get rid of perfectly good gear. 

Hospitals also have to worry about the state inspections and JCACHO getting on their asses about expired equipment. 

6 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Hospitals also have to worry about the state inspections and JCACHO getting on their asses about expired equipment. 

Yet the insanity persists.  Wearing the same mask all day long, going into multiple patients rooms wearing said mask, cloth masks that don't fit properly and/or made out of wrong material.

Where's OSHA when you need it to supposedly protect the healthcare workers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yet the insanity persists.  Wearing the same mask all day long, going into multiple patients rooms wearing said mask, cloth masks that don't fit properly and/or made out of wrong material.

Where's OSHA when you need it to supposedly protect the healthcare workers?

What would OHSA do right now? Their response is to shut it down until you've got the proper PPE. That's not an option here. 

If a Hurricane was coming would you want OSHA shutting down everyone who wasn't wearing a hardhat and safety glasses while they were frantically trying to board up windows? 

19 minutes ago, Schif said:

What would OHSA do right now?

What they (OSHA, hospitals, governments, etc.) must do right now is observe the situation and make plans for the next pandemic.
They obviously can't do their job now, as it's far too late.

Numerous, prior, mini-pandemics have already occurred that should have caused them to have plans in place for this one.
From the looks of things, they obviously ignored the prior mini-pandemics and have done little/nothing to prepare, which is on them.
It's OSHA's job to protect workers and they've failed to do so.

What's really scary and already happening with garbage haulers, grocery store workers, etc., is if healthcare workers decide to up and quit or walk out because of the working conditions.  Unfortunately, I've already heard of some that have done so, quit that is.
Imagine going to the hospital in the need of ventilation and there's nobody there to intubate you.

Edited by indiggio

Also, some people just don't get the stay at home thing unless you need to be out.  I had to pick up a few things at the grocery store yesterday (weekly trip for milk and a few other necessary things) and I overheard a guy telling a store employee "Yeah, I've been just coming here every day since I'm bored.  I don't really need anything, but it's nice just getting out and walking around and seeing people."   I wanted to kick him in the nuts

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Also, some people just don't get the stay at home thing unless you need to be out.  I had to pick up a few things at the grocery store yesterday (weekly trip for milk and a few other necessary things) and I overheard a guy telling a store employee "Yeah, I've been just coming here every day since I'm bored.  I don't really need anything, but it's nice just getting out and walking around and seeing people."   I wanted to kick him in the nuts

Unless your leg is over six feet long I wouldn’t advise that. People can’t handle this..they’re seeing friends and neighbors and relatives..at the grocery store the other day where they have yellow lines on the ground so people keep their distance most weren’t observing it and I saw an old guy in front of me lean in to tell cashier something. Everybody is overly sensitive right now.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Unless your leg is over six feet long I wouldn’t advise that. People can’t handle this..they’re seeing friends and neighbors and relatives..at the grocery store the other day where they have yellow lines on the ground so people keep their distance most weren’t observing it and I saw an old guy in front of me lean in to tell cashier something. Everybody is overly sensitive right now.  

Haha yeah good point...I do think a lot of people are following the stay at home orders but some people just don't seem to care.  I had to stop at my parents over Friday evening to do a few things since we didn't have hot water, and driving home (a half hour or so), I think I saw like 4 cars on the road.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Easter is gonna be a real shitshow at some of the churches.

I said It before and I'll say it again... if people can't rise from the dead like jesus or whatever, then they should probably avoid going to church or family gatherings on easter. 

40 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I heard that stores are now going to start to cordon off non-essential aisles (which sounds pretty ridiculous to me) to prevent people from coming in and just wandering around.