Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I heard that stores are now going to start to cordon off non-essential aisles (which sounds pretty ridiculous to me) to prevent people from coming in and just wandering around.

What exactly is non essential?? There were yoga studios that recently got shut down because they thought of themselves as health and wellness 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What exactly is non essential??

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I can see preventing people from just coming in and wandering around for something to do, but trying to determine what's essential/not in a grocery store??

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I heard that stores are now going to start to cordon off non-essential aisles (which sounds pretty ridiculous to me) to prevent people from coming in and just wandering around.

Reminds me of the old school blue laws in Ocean City. Half the store was roped off on Sundays, you could buy milk but not sunscreen.

Edited by Barb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I can see preventing people from just coming in and wandering around for something to do, but trying to determine what's essential/not in a grocery store??

Toys. I would say toys are pretty non essential at this point. I would also say mulch and gardening supplies are pretty non essential at this point, and trust me, i would love to go to the depot and get me some mulch, just to keep me entertained for a bit. 
im actually on board with this. People need to stop going out, except for things that are really essential. If walmart and target, etc would get on board with this, i think it would stop some people from going out. Making the stores less crowded would probably be a relief for their employees at this point. Days can get long being around the house, but im thankful i dont have to go to work and increase exposure. 
IMO wawa, sheetz and the like should be shut down except for gas. Every day another wawa gets shut down because an employee was tested positive. They shut them down, clean them and then re-open. There is your petri dish right there. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

That’s essentially everywhere in travel and tourism.  I’m in the process of applying for this with my accountant.  It’s a payroll protection program for small businesses up to 500 employees. Businesses receive free money to cover payroll, health insurance and utilities for 2 or 2 and a half months..as long as 75% of it goes to payroll expenses the loan is forgiven. There’s like 330 billion available and it’s gonna get snapped up immediately.  Applications begin being accepted tomorrow.  My tiny business could receive in the tens of thousands.  Worth a try I guess for a couple hours of work for me and accountant gathering everything and the couple hundred he’ll charge me  

https://www.paychex.com/articles/compliance/payroll-protection-program

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Toys. I would say toys are pretty non essential at this point. I would also say mulch and gardening supplies are pretty non essential at this point, and trust me, i would love to go to the depot and get me some mulch, just to keep me entertained for a bit. 
im actually on board with this. People need to stop going out, except for things that are really essential. If walmart and target, etc would get on board with this, i think it would stop some people from going out. Making the stores less crowded would probably be a relief for their employees at this point. Days can get long being around the house, but im thankful i dont have to go to work and increase exposure. 
IMO wawa, sheetz and the like should be shut down except for gas. Every day another wawa gets shut down because an employee was tested positive. They shut them down, clean them and then re-open. There is your petri dish right there. 

Where are people gonna get their cigs if Sheetz and wawa are shutdown inside.  Where are truckers gonna get a quick meal??  I think they should shutdown all restaurants because I know those workers in the kitchen are working in close proximity..plus restaurants are encouraging people to go out extra but the workers need the money as well. It’s a slippery slope. 

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where are people gonna get their cigs if Sheetz and wawa are shutdown inside.  Where are truckers gonna get a quick meal??  I think they should shutdown all restaurants because I know those workers in the kitchen are working in close proximity..plus restaurants are encouraging people to go out extra but the workers need the money as well. It’s a slippery slope. 

Beer distributer, acme, giant all sell smokes. 
Truckers can get a quick meal the same exact places you do.  BK, wendys, mcdonalds. Truck stops are still open as far as i know.  Truckers pulling up to a wawa is 1% of their business, and only half have room for trucks. If i were driving a truck, i would be packing my own lunch anyways. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Why do you keep going out every day?

I got enough food for three days. I need to go to work and get hungry for stuff. I’m doing like one errand a day before like six and in for the day like 3pm every day. It’s insane and been a struggle for me. So essentially I’m out like 20% as much. 

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Beer distributer, acme, giant all sell smokes. 
Truckers can get a quick meal the same exact places you do.  BK, wendys, mcdonalds. Truck stops are still open as far as i know.  Truckers pulling up to a wawa is 1% of their business, and only half have room for trucks. If i were driving a truck, i would be packing my own lunch anyways. 

So why should fast food places be open and not wawa??

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So why should fast food places be open and not wawa??

I guess if they have a drive thru then that would be a determining factor. Some Sheetz could theoretically stay open through such an order. 

24 hrs later;
Statewide + is 18,696 (2k increase from yesterday)
Deaths at 267
Union county increased to 1418

Y axis gonna go vertical real soon

Ahh fuk...

NJ statewide is at 25,590
More troubling is that deaths doubled in 2 days. Now 537 deaths.
Union county at 2,010 positives total
  • Sad 1