Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont think you are allowed inside. Curbside or window. And to be honest, i wouldnt give 2 fucks if they did close. 

They should close. Every person that comes through is interacting with the person at the window who is coming in contact with everyone working inside and then every other person who comes to that window. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They should close. Every person that comes through is interacting with the person at the window who is coming in contact with everyone working inside and then every other person who comes to that window. 

But they are wearing masks and gloves, so its all good!  

seriously though, the wawa is a germ factory. Just think about what you have to touch just to get inside. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont think you are allowed inside. Curbside or window. And to be honest, i wouldnt give 2 fucks if they did close. 

Oh ok that makes sense the inside nature..wawa thinks of themself as a grocery store same with mini markers so I don’t think they will shut them down. 

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh ok that makes sense the inside nature..wawa thinks of themself as a grocery store same with mini markers so I don’t think they will shut them down. 

Now I'm curious if the little corner stores in philly are still open. I'll drive by one on my way home and report back. 

54 minutes ago, Schif said:

Now I'm curious if the little corner stores in philly are still open. I'll drive by one on my way home and report back. 

They surely are.  They’re open here. I sort of think it’s dumb that the Allentown farmers market is open as it can be quite cramped in there..no way to have six feet of social distance space.  

53 minutes ago, Schif said:

I believe food and friends ("grocery store" that does sell some fresh produce, prepared meals, snacks, etc but mostly beer) is closed at the moment. I have not walked past it to find out, since as much as I'd like to support local stuff, we've been doing online ordering for pretty much everything we need. It would be awesome if our neighborhood grocery store did online ordering, but I'm pleasantly surprised when their credit card readers in the store work properly. Having one of my favorite local breweries (Wissahickon Brewing Co) do free same day delivery has made it pretty easy to not really have to go anywhere or interact with people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Learn something new every day. I just got an email from Colorado Parks and wildlife along with a video of what to do if confronted by a mountain lion. Says there have been a large amount of sightings in town lately. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They surely are.  They’re open here. I sort of think it’s dumb that the Allentown farmers market is open as it can be quite cramped in there..no way to have six feet of social distance space.  

Yeah, and the Qmart is open. I’m thinking maybe just the produce places and meat places, but still. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barb said:

Learn something new every day. I just got an email from Colorado Parks and wildlife along with a video of what to do if confronted by a mountain lion. Says there have been a large amount of sightings in town lately. 

Yes, I just heard something about coyotes being more prevalent in towns since this started. 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, saltyant said:

We're royally screwed in Hazleton. So many people travel back and forth between NY/NJ that the citizens petitioned the mayor to shut down the daily shuttle service. Some have, some are still operating I believe. Plus there are warehouses everywhere and people are continuing to work. A breeding ground for COVID-19

Yep, just as I predicted... I'm not as stupid as I look. I'm not going anywhere in Hazleton, and going out of town to grocery shop.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/luzerne-county/officials-spike-in-covid-19-cases-in-hazleton-due-to-failure-to-social-distance/523-09235868-8d39-4dfe-9287-5682825f39d5

Edited by saltyant

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yep, just as I predicted... I'm not as stupid as I look. I'm not going anywhere in Hazleton, and going out of town to grocery shop.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/luzerne-county/officials-spike-in-covid-19-cases-in-hazleton-due-to-failure-to-social-distance/523-09235868-8d39-4dfe-9287-5682825f39d5

Wow 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

In other news, the US now has over twice as many confirmed cases than any other country. Death toll his risen to 6,000+, and the curve is not changing. 

Stay home.

Take it to the South thread...

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490908-florida-other-states-allowing-church-services-during-coronavirus

5B4A9FBF-AB13-4DDB-9308-310BC44AC392.gif.00d12c77bdc52d6e81e624aff4c0bf15.gif

Edited by indiggio