Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The closest to me is Giant or Redners. Neither have had them. I'm not in an emergency situation, but I will be in a few weeks so I'd rather try and get a pack if it shows up. I may have to barter an N95 mask for a roll of two in the parking lot.

You're more than welcome to come take a dump at my house (in the toilet, preferably).  

• Haha 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

The closest to me is Giant or Redners. Neither have had them. I'm not in an emergency situation, but I will be in a few weeks so I'd rather try and get a pack if it shows up. I may have to barter an N95 mask for a roll of two in the parking lot.

In a week or so you'll be able to find all of the toilet paper you want. The hoarders have closets full of it and will soon run out of space to store more. There is no shortage. it's just that crazy people bought and are hoarding a years supply of the stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

You're more than welcome to come take a dump at my house (in the toilet, preferably).  

I appreciate the offer, but I'm trying to stay socially distant. And clearly you don't know me well enough to know what my body can produce in (or out of) a porcelain throne. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

In a week or so you'll be able to find all of the toilet paper you want. The hoarders have closets full of it and will soon run out of space to store more. There is no shortage. it's just that crazy people bought and are hoarding a years supply of the stuff.

Oh I'm aware there is no shortage. There is no shortage of anything right now other than PPE for healthcare workers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

A vast majority of Jewish people hate the Hasidics more than non-Jewish people do.  Even the conservative Jewish who cannot drive or use electricity on Friday nights are very vocal about their dislike of them

Those would actually be Orthodox Jews they’re the most religious ones in Allentown.  Conservative are the in the middle some keep kosher most marry Jews and reform which is what my family is can really do what they want and most of them go to synagogue like twice a year. Below that is me which is Jewish with a side of bacon.  Skiing is my religion but I’ll be a Jew if I meet a hot Jewish girl or for business but they’re stupid to expect me to know Hebrew.  

On topic Israel’s death rate during this is very low.  Good medicine or a different strain of the Virus?  The U.K., France and spain all have very high death rates...in the US it keeps rising as there’s a lapse of a few days to a few weeks between when people test positive for Corona and die. For the US the death rate was 1.75% the other day and now over 2.5% but some say it’s actually not that high as many who were not hospitalized for this were never tested...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Can you order TP from amazon.  I have like three more rolls left at work..

43 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm trying to stay socially distant. And clearly you don't know me well enough to know what my body can produce in (or out of) a porcelain throne. 

Haha I would not want to be within 6 feet of you when you're on the toilet anyway.  I'm probably over an hour from you, so it wouldn't work out - you'd probably soil yourself before you got here 

• Haha 1

I was fortunate enough to score like a 6 pack of mega roll tp at the giant when i got back from CO. i was also sitting on a few rolls so im pretty good on tp for a while. I am lacking somewhat in the paper towel department but i dont think thats as hard to come buy. Havent actually gone to the store since, i had groceries delivered sunday, and tuesday i will go pick up my curbside order. Nice thing about giants pick up is i can keep adding to the order up until a few hours of my pick up time. I tend to wander around alot grocery shopping, so i avoid that all together with p/u. 

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Has anybody actually been able to get toilet paper or any paper products in the store? We have some serious hoarders up here in the LV and I haven't seen a roll of TP yet.

Trees are starting to bud, won't be long until there are leaves!

• Like 1

We have been doing grocery curbside pick up of groceries. I heard all stores were backlogged so I placed an order a week ago for pick up tomorrow. I went back in the app to add a few more items and see that over 40 of the things I ordered are now out of stock. I wish people would stop hoarding shit, and I am not even talking about toilet paper. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barb said:

We have been doing grocery curbside pick up of groceries. I heard all stores were backlogged so I placed an order a week ago for pick up tomorrow. I went back in the app to add a few more items and see that over 40 of the things I ordered are now out of stock. I wish people would stop hoarding shit, and I am not even talking about toilet paper. 

I feel your pain Whole Foods was out of the maple cold brew the other day so had to get an oat milk latte instead and Mexican cold brew.  

A weke for an order is insane.  How many items did you get total??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Barb said:

I ordered 58 items, when I went to edit there were only 16. 

I don’t understand why they can’t fulfill your order when it’s placed if everything is in stock. Seems worthless if they are t going to do that right now with these hoarder freaks. 

• Like 2

Wegmans by me in SJ started limiting store access yesterday. You line up outside and when one comes out one can go in. Got over there this morning to do our weekly shopping and it wasn’t bad. Actually nice in a way with no crowds inside. While I was waiting outside I took a swig of water and had some go down the wrong pipe. That resulted in a coughing fit that I’m sure scared the shit out of everyone around me. [emoji83]

If you have Netflix check out pandemic. It was filmed last yearly and is frightening how it predicts what we are go through now and how we’ve screwed up by ignoring the signs.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mikes781 said:

Wegmans by me in SJ started limiting store access yesterday. You line up outside and when one comes out one can go in. Got over there this morning to do our weekly shopping and it wasn’t bad. Actually nice in a way with no crowds inside. While I was waiting outside I took a swig of water and had some go down the wrong pipe. That resulted in a coughing fit that I’m sure scared the shit out of everyone around me. emoji83.png

If you have Netflix check out pandemic. It was filmed last yearly and is frightening how it predicts what we are go through now and how we’ve screwed up by ignoring the signs.

Which wegmans?  The wegmans by me is always crowded.  It’s why I’ve been spending a couple more bucks and going to Whole Foods.

Which wegmans?  The wegmans by me is always crowded.  It’s why I’ve been spending a couple more bucks and going to Whole Foods.

Mt Laurel. Like i said it wasn’t bad today but this weekend could be no fun. I normally try to get our shopping in early anyway. I’m going to look at their curbside pickup for next weekend. Will probably need to put that order in by Monday.