Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Starting to hear more and more people discuss how we will punish China when this is all said and done.  Not the time and place right now,  but will be an interesting subject down the road regardless of how you feel

We rely on China to much for a lot of our products.  

• Like 2

I'm no Trump fan, but your incessant Trump hating isn't productive and it dilutes your message. It's like [mention=3285]indiggio[/mention] complaining about the lack of bumps at Blue.

Ok fair enough. I’ll quite down on how t rump bungled the great China virus hoax.

Here is a pic of the sour dough yeast starter I made
1ea55e2c6196744015b09c9ae57c281f.jpg

And here is a pic of *some* of the flies I’ve tied since this China hoax thing started.
b7737a79872eecda37da72bef37ccdcc.jpg

How’s that for messaging?
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Learning a lot about wet markets because of this. What the actual fuck is up with that and how is it allowed?

How is it allowed they eat cats and dogs and bats over there...they sentence their citizens to death for minor crimes, harvest their organs and sell them to rich westerners.  Shit is wild..I do have a soft spot for their food..

38 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Ok fair enough. I’ll quite down on how t rump bungled the great China virus hoax.

Here is a pic of the sour dough yeast starter I made
1ea55e2c6196744015b09c9ae57c281f.jpg

And here is a pic of *some* of the flies I’ve tied since this China hoax thing started.
b7737a79872eecda37da72bef37ccdcc.jpg

How’s that for messaging?

Very nice..we all are just experiencing PPSRD Post pocono skiing and riding disorder..maybe some more takeout from the Cracker Barrel will help solve that lol. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How is it allowed they eat cats and dogs and bats over there...they sentence their citizens to death for minor crimes, harvest their organs and sell them to rich westerners.  Shit is wild..I do have a soft spot for their food..

Different cultures around the world eat different things. Thats the way it is and the way it has always been.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/09/why-we-only-eat-certain-animals/571255/

I really hate getting involved in the divisive political thing and I think that blaming a politician for a worldwide pandemic seems silly...gives them way too much power. But criticism of their response and lack of preparedness is fair. And there's plenty of criticism at all levels from the President to the mayor of New York who actively encouraged citizens on March 2nd to "get out on the town despite coronavirus"...to quote his tweet. In Feb the NYC Heath Commissioner said that the "risk to New Yorkers from coronavirus is low and ... our preparedness as a city is very high," and encouraged everyone to go to the parade and restaurants being held the following week. IMO criticism to the response, all around, is fair and deserved.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

For a second I thought you were calling tarponhead an asshole since your post was next 🤣

You know the old saying: when there's blood in the streets, buy facemasks.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

Different cultures around the world eat different things. Thats the way it is and the way it has always been.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/09/why-we-only-eat-certain-animals/571255/

That's fine...not dissing anyone's culture although I certainly have my opinions about the consumption of animals that can be domesticated. My question, more so, surrounds the cleanliness at these places. These places aren't necessarily known for being a clean and safe environment. They're called wet markets apparently because of the "fluids" one would have to walk through upon shopping at one.

30 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’m in the parking lot at BJs, hubby ran in to get coffee. I’m in the Jeep guarding the toilet paper we found at Aldi. Lots of  folks with bandannas around their faces. 

I heard there was a pellet gun shooting in the Walmart parking lot on 248.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

That's fine...not dissing anyone's culture although I certainly have my opinions about the consumption of animals that can be domesticated. My question, more so, surrounds the cleanliness at these places. These places aren't necessarily known for being a clean and safe environment. They're called wet markets apparently because of the "fluids" one would have to walk through upon shopping at one.

What happens when you’re not part of the elite in a country with an oppressive regime for a government.  People have nothing, so they eat whatever they can get their hands on.  Not really the people’s fault, they just don’t know any better or have m/any other options.

Edited by indiggio

Ok I have been trying to be a good citizen and not go out unnecessarily. The past 2 weeks we did curbside pick up of groceries. When we got our groceries today, even though I added things yesterday, I received 13 items.  So I had to go out, went to the small satellite Whole Foods near my house. Governor just announced masks when outside so I wore a buff, all I had. A security guard made me wait outside as the store was at capacity. There were lines painted where to space and stand. When I entered everyone was wearing masks and most had gloves. I grabbed the necessities I needed and waited in the lined spaces at checkout. After each person they sprayed and sanitized the area. I guess everywhere is like this now, but I haven’t been out in a while. It is hard to believe this is society now. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Barb said:

Ok I have been trying to be a good citizen and not go out unnecessarily. The past 2 weeks we did curbside pick up of groceries. When we got our groceries today, even though I added things yesterday, I received 13 items.  So I had to go out, went to the small satellite Whole Foods near my house. Governor just announced masks when outside so I wore a buff, all I had. A security guard made me wait outside as the store was at capacity. There were lines painted where to space and stand. When I entered everyone was wearing masks and most had gloves. I grabbed the necessities I needed and waited in the lined spaces at checkout. After each person they sprayed and sanitized the area. I guess everywhere is like this now, but I haven’t been out in a while. It is hard to believe this is society now. 

Makes us feel fortunate that we’ve made it this far in life without a plague.  There were so many in recorded history.  In the US there are about 300,000 confirmed cases and about 8,000 deaths and the amount recovered is under 20,000. Somebody in the morning call local newspaper Facebook comments said they should post about that recovered number as that’s good news.  That’s like being happy there’s a couple of cherries floating in a toilet full of poop...

Barb the important question is how are you managing with your whole family under one roof?  You live in a very educated affluent area...the spread probably won’t be quite as bad as people are following the rules.