Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

7 minutes ago, Barb said:

Ok I have been trying to be a good citizen and not go out unnecessarily. The past 2 weeks we did curbside pick up of groceries. When we got our groceries today, even though I added things yesterday, I received 13 items.  So I had to go out, went to the small satellite Whole Foods near my house. Governor just announced masks when outside so I wore a buff, all I had. A security guard made me wait outside as the store was at capacity. There were lines painted where to space and stand. When I entered everyone was wearing masks and most had gloves. I grabbed the necessities I needed and waited in the lined spaces at checkout. After each person they sprayed and sanitized the area. I guess everywhere is like this now, but I haven’t been out in a while. It is hard to believe this is society now. 

My delivery last week really contained most of the items i had picked out, i had to substitute some frozen vegetables for a different kind, but the meat and chicken was available, except i got tenders instead of breasts, but i dont think my shopper was building rockets before going to work at Acme.  At first, my delivery was supposed to be between 9 and 10 am, and this was a sunday.  When i logged on in the am, i saw "fred is shopping for you".  And then i got a text that my order would be delayed, and then delayed again.  So, i dont think my order even started to get shopped until noon.  Probably not a good time to have the pick of all the goods considering the circumstances.  We will see how my order for curbside pick up goes at a different store, i am scheduled for pick up 1 pm on Tuesday.  This sort of got me thinking, which i have had an abundance of time to do lately.  

I am going to start building another order right after i pick that one up, probably a little over a weeks time.  Half and half is what i struggle to keep in the fridge, since im drinking like a pot of coffee a day.  

I am going to try to schedule my next pick up for first thing in the morning.  I figure that way, my shopper should have access to the most goods, since you would think the store would be relatively stocked back up overnight. we shall see.  

Going out for groceries isnt unnecessary.  going to target or walmart to buy toys is unnecessary.   Good to hear they are sanitizing between customers.  The local farm market up the street from me that i love so much is the thing that scares me the most at this point.  Havent been there in a weeks.  Just way too much stuff being out in the open with peoples hands all over it.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

Yes, still in Hawaii, dodging my calls and texts.  @JFskiDan hopefully your store does things different. I also ordered a week out and while items were available when I ordered, they were out of stock day of pick up. Good luck!

Wow what the fuck.  My mom has been annoying with calls and texts but she’s still my mom and my dad wooo he’s been next level intense...I’m gonna order Cracker Barrel curbside again soon.  Tomorrow probably back to Whole Foods again. I made it three days on the food I got that’s a record for me.  I’m used to buying like one or two meals worth of food at a time.  I’m gonna try my best to get a weeks worth tomorrow prob cost $200 but still a lot less than my normal Lyfe. This pandemic is getting tough on me mainly from boredom and lack of socialization and also stress of business cash flow going to complete shit. 

When this is over im gonna be traveling different places  every weekend including LA..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

What happens when you’re not part of the elite in a country with an oppressive regime for a government.  People have nothing, so they eat whatever they can get their hands on.  Not really the people’s fault, they just don’t know any better or have m/any other options.

I never said or even intended to insinuate that it was the people's fault.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Union county (jersey) up to 2,916 positives now.

Fun fact; means one person in every 171 people is covid positive

And those are just the ones that were tested likely more like one in 50 or 60...I watched an interesting interview between Trevor Noah and bill gates.  Seems as though this  might be kept to perhaps a couple percent of the US population but then the big issue is going to be in other parts of the world where it keeps spreading we’ll have to seal off borders and he said no sporting events.  Ain’t nobody gonna wanna be on the Jackson hole tram for awhile. Speaking of might as well look at those webcams to torture myself...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I just had like sweat pants and khaki pants as a kid.  PARidge did you have a flat top fade and rock a moustache in high school??

No moustache. Went to catholic school. We weren't allowed to have facial hair, or hair below the collar. So my response to that was to grow it gravity defyingly high. "Product" was needed each morning.
  • Like 1