Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I get the feeling these numbers are gonna end up being revised higher later. A lot of folks are getting it and not able to get tested/being told to stay home. That, and if somebody dies without testing, they're not wasting a test kit on the dead body. So we won't get the full picture until months probably. 

Grim stuff. 

But hopefully we'll be through the worst soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

0d1d1df88885978110eadeaf99fef4c2.jpg

Awesome there’s so many pics like this in the Teton gravity bat flu thread.  I’m feeling a little better today, got some nice orders in the mail at work.lots of people out and about today..can’t blame them great weather.  I didn’t go to Wendy’s today but 7-8 card in drive thru line. I love seeing people pull down their mask to smoke cigs shit is bananas 😷 🍌 💨 

17 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

I get the feeling these numbers are gonna end up being revised higher later. A lot of folks are getting it and not able to get tested/being told to stay home. That, and if somebody dies without testing, they're not wasting a test kit on the dead body. So we won't get the full picture until months probably. 

Grim stuff. 

But hopefully we'll be through the worst soon.

Good points.  My dad thinks 500,000 deaths from this in the US by the time the dust settles.  I think he’s being conservative unless a vaccine is produced very soon.  

I’ve dealt with a few claims this past week where the person has dropped coverages to just liability since they can’t drive the car, then something happens in their driveway, or a branch falls on it, etc and they try to turn in a claim and we end up denying it. 

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ve dealt with a few claims this past week where the person has dropped coverages to just liability since they can’t drive the car, then something happens in their driveway, or a branch falls on it, etc and they try to turn in a claim and we end up denying it. 

Yeah I'm at least going to keep liability and comprehensive on it.  I'm currently paying around $ 55 a month in insurance for the Jeep and it maybe sees 250 miles in a regular month.  I'm going to see what I can do to get the payment lower on at least the Jeep. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The stock market is doing well again because people think think the curve is starting to flatten  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/04/07/dow-surges-again-amid-reports-coronavirus-pandemic-is-slowing/amp/

eh. not to be a negative nancy but I'm warry about the NY Post reporting on the finance side. If you look into the author's article history, you'll see that it tends to be very sensational headlines. https://nypost.com/author/noah-manskar/

I think I'll wait until the WSJ writes a more credible article. 

• Like 1