Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I have serious concerns for my hair by the end of this. But it will definitely be interesting. I'm kind of at the tipping point now where it either gets crazy or I cut it. I can't remember the last time my hair was as rowdy as this. I'll have long flowing locks and need a bigger helmet by next ski season if this keeps up

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What do parents do if they have kids and serious jobs they can’t miss? You can’t even dump kids at grandparents house during this due to social distancing. I’m thinking something like daycare will be one of the last things to reopen.  I need to get one of those contact free thermometers for when I’m allowed to have customers back in here.  They’ll be happy I don’t take their temperature rectally...wahahahaha 

it's hard to say when they'll open...day cares aren't considered essential, and are germ factories, but they are pretty good about cleaning and disinfecting.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Schools are working with cable companies to provide free internet to folks who qualify for a certain amount of months.

Most school districts (libraries, fire houses, first aid squads, municipal centers, etc) have been getting free cable and internet from us for years.  If they are not, they really should have someone negotiate a better franchise contract when it comes up for renewal again.

For everyone else --> https://internetessentials.com

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I've been having my wife cut my hair for years, just using a set of those Wahl clippers (I think that's the brand).  I don't think she wants me cutting her hair though

Ditto.  However, wife hadn't got a haircut for a few weeks before the lockdown took effect and so, after watching a few YouTube videos I took the scissors in hand...
I'm still alive and typing, so I guess I didn't do that bad a job!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Schif said:

I have serious concerns for my hair by the end of this. But it will definitely be interesting. I'm kind of at the tipping point now where it either gets crazy or I cut it. I can't remember the last time my hair was as rowdy as this. I'll have long flowing locks and need a bigger helmet by next ski season if this keeps up

There will be hair salons open before next ski season...otherwise half of PASR is gonna have a buzzcut and half will look like GSSucks

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Ditto.  However, wife hadn't got a haircut for a few weeks before the lockdown took effect and so, after watching a few YouTube videos I took the scissors in hand...
I'm still alive and typing, so I guess I didn't do that bad a job!

I hope you’re kidding...your wife should just grow her hair long and you as well. 

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

My hair is getting rowdy.  

Might as well go ahead and have the wife or kid take care of it at this point. Things will still be “interesting” after this lockdown thing, and its not like you can do curbside pickup on a hair cut. Plus, you wont be the only one needing a haircut in a few weeks. 

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2