Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

On 4/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How large are the classes that you teach.  I guess the silver lining to this is teachers are still getting paid.  @SallyCat what’s it like at the private school you teach at.   I think this is tough for the parents having kids home all day..

It's been a lot of work setting up and getting started, but I like it. I don't have overnight dorm duty and I can "mute" kids who are being obnoxious, which really improves class for the other students. The kids on the whole seem to like it and so far they're doing great. But some have shitty family dynamics, which is why they were at a therapeutic boarding school to begin with, so long-term, online school isn't necessarily healthy for every student.

Will be interesting to see how long we have to keep this up and how/if it changes what school looks like after it's all over. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

My wife works for a bank doing underwriting stuff and processing stuff for small business loans. Shes processed almost 1000 loans since Wednesday.  Shes working like 16 hour days but luckily she gets overtime so paycheck should be nice 

We applied for the payroll protection program and also a $10,000 economic injury disaster loan...crazy thing is that since we applied business has been really good..but that’s only for like a week..

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

PA is down about 600 positive cases today from yesterday. Hopefully a good sign.

The amount of testing PA and the United States is doing is way down. At Lehigh valley hospital they are only testing those over 65 with symptoms rationing their low supple of tests. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The amount of testing PA and the United States is doing is way down. At Lehigh valley hospital they are only testing those over 65 with symptoms rationing their low supple of tests. 

That’s odd. A few weeks after I was told this was all a hoax I was told that anybody who wants a test could get one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1