Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

That processing speed, fully water resistant, wireless charging for $399 is an incredible deal. For me, I'd be going from a 6.4 inch screen to a 4.7. Plus 1080 full HD to 720p though....I got some serious thinking to do. My current phone is only a few months old but I have sort of a phone problem.

Yes, I’m thinking about a new phone. My battery is pretty much shot. I could probably get a battery for it on Amazon, but this phone is really old. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly but I'm not gonna lie. Apple's announcement yesterday has me thinking hard about making the switch from Android. The amount of phone that you're getting for $399 is insane. Plus the security and all. Damn.

Only possible deal breaker is that the design is severely outdated.

I wonder if they’ll take my 11 pro max on a trade in 😂

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

That processing speed, fully water resistant, wireless charging for $399 is an incredible deal. For me, I'd be going from a 6.4 inch screen to a 4.7. Plus 1080 full HD to 720p though....I got some serious thinking to do. My current phone is only a few months old but I have sort of a phone problem.

So I really want something that takes great pictures. This probably wouldn’t be a good option for me. I could take all the money I’m saving by not going anywhere and put it towards a new phone. I’ve never really gotten a new phone just because I want one. Usually wait until old phone is dead 

24 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

So I really want something that takes great pictures. This probably wouldn’t be a good option for me. I could take all the money I’m saving by not going anywhere and put it towards a new phone. I’ve never really gotten a new phone just because I want one. Usually wait until old phone is dead 

thats really one of the only things I care about with a phone. that, and I don't want my phone to be the size of an iPad. 

• Like 2

I have the iPhone 11 Pro (the "smallest" iPhone that Apple makes besides the new SE).  The photos are insane, *especially* the night mode feature.  I use the wide angle lens all the time, too.  However, it's stupid expensive and would the iPhone 11 do 95% the job?  Absolutely. 

FWIW, two phones ago I had an iPhone 7 which had a lower water resistance rating.  I had 0 issues.  Insane amounts of sweat, several drops in the lake, plenty of submersions.  I upgraded to the iPhone XS that had a higher water resistance rating, and I had 3 sweat related failure.  My iPhone 11 has an even better water resistance rating, and again, 0 issues.

• Thanks 1

Probably way way higher as they aren’t testing nearly as many people daily as a few weeks ago.  I really don’t see daily new cases getting into the low hundreds for a month. 

I look at lower testing being a direct result of less people feeling as if they need to be tested. In other words. Quarantine is keeping people healthier hence not going to the doctor, hence not being tested. I could definitely be off with that assumption however.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I look at lower testing being a direct result of less people feeling as if they need to be tested. In other words. Quarantine is keeping people healthier hence not going to the doctor, hence not being tested. I could definitely be off with that assumption however.

They are only testing the old and the sick right now...they don’t have enough tests.  You don’t report deaths.  Deaths are skyrocketing. Covid-19 is way deadlier than once imagined..wait till the post Easter spike next week and then second wave after they open shit back up later in May.  This is bad!!!! No good news right now. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

Officially canceled my 2020 Tour de France trip. Fortunately the only nonrefundable deposit is $112, and the hotel in France agrees to apply it to a future trip. Also, my friend who was going will give me half. Thankfully we waited to book the flight. Now I have a lot of extra $$$ from not going anywhere this summer, and from Trump bucks.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

People aren't getting tested because they STILL don't have enough tests. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Officially canceled my 2020 Tour de France trip. Fortunately the only nonrefundable deposit is $112, and the hotel in France agrees to apply it to a future trip. Also, my friend who was going will give me half. Thankfully we waited to book the flight. Now I have a lot of extra $$$ from not going anywhere this summer, and from Trump bucks.

I’m getting richer during all of this. My last credit card bill was so low...plus no Colorado trip..corona bucks and hotel house is now cheaper due to extremely low occupancy..I’d trade all that for normalcy. 

• Thanks 1