Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Today I got a call from employee health. “Oh, you took care of  Ms. XYZ. Did you have PPE on?”  No, because she had complaints of upper abdominal pain, nausea. No fever, no cough, no shortness of breath, no chest pain. So only had on the standard surgical mask. “ Oh, they noticed a pneumonia on her abdominal cat scan, tested her for covid, it was positive “ Ok, I took care of her SUNDAY, and you’re telling me today? Then, they proceed to tell me stay 6 feet away from all family members that reside in your home, use a separate bathroom, or clean it every time you use it, don’t go anywhere. Oh, but you CAN come to work. WTF? Stay away from family members in the household, scrub the bathroom every time I use it?! I think the cow is already out of the barn. 

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Today I got a call from employee health. “Oh, you took care of  Ms. XYZ. Did you have PPE on?”  No, because she had complaints of upper abdominal pain, nausea. No fever, no cough, no shortness of breath, no chest pain. So only had on the standard surgical mask. “ Oh, they noticed a pneumonia on her abdominal cat scan, tested her for covid, it was positive “ Ok, I took care of her SUNDAY, and you’re telling me today? Then, they proceed to tell me stay 6 feet away from all family members that reside in your home, use a separate bathroom, or clean it every time you use it, don’t go anywhere. Oh, but you CAN come to work. WTF? Stay away from family members in the household, scrub the bathroom every time I use it?! I think the cow is already out of the barn. 

+++++VIBES+++++ to you. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Due to the Corona virus the roads have been empty and a lot of people have been speeding.  Reminds me of that song I can’t drive 55..yes the national speed limit used to be 55

I read a couple days ago that a new "cannonball run" record was set because of the empty roads.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cannonball-coast-coast-drive-record-set-amid-virus-shutdown-n1182011

• Like 3

I thanked the mailman from a distance of over 2 meters.  They are kicking ass in this. Normally mail at my work arrives around 1145-noon on Fridays today it was before 1030...the USPS isn’t doing so well right now if you want to help them out buy stamps online. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thanked the mailman from a distance of over 2 meters.  They are kicking ass in this. Normally mail at my work arrives around 1145-noon on Fridays today it was before 1030...the USPS isn’t doing so well right now if you want to help them out buy stamps online. 

Maybe Donald should help them out instead of cruise companies...

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

A cruise company getting a single penny would really annoy me. 

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Prepare to be annoyed. One of the cruise line executives is on his "open up America" committee or WTF he calls it. 

Also, how about the Ivy League colleges getting millions worth of aid, while their endowments alone are in the billions and grow tax free.  All while continuing to charge tuition even though they could offer free education without even dipping into the principal.  But guess what, all the rich asshole ex frat boy politicians went to these schools so its not at all surprising.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Also, how about the Ivy League colleges getting millions worth of aid, while their endowments alone are in the billions and grow tax free.  All while continuing to charge tuition even though they could offer free education without even dipping into the principal.  But guess what, all the rich asshole ex frat boy politicians went to these schools so its not at all surprising.  

And then there are small colleges like mine who are going to really struggle during this. 

• Sad 2