Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

52 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

our tax dollars hard at work!

Cheaper to fly these guys now than at any other time. I would hope that more mechanical training happens in the next few months than ever before when the military can burn cheap fuel instead of expensive fuel. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Cheaper to fly these guys now than at any other time. I would hope that more mechanical training happens in the next few months than ever before when the military can burn cheap fuel instead of expensive fuel. 

My dad told me that the funds being used to fly them now are funds that were allocated to fly them during air shows which have been cancelled. So instead of saving the money, they are just going to use the budget that was already in place and not accrue additional costs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

My dad told me that the funds being used to fly them now are funds that were allocated to fly them during air shows which have been cancelled. So instead of saving the money, they are just going to use the budget that was already in place and not accrue additional costs.

Makes perfect sense. Thank your dad for the info!

• Like 1

i wish i could watch them. they're the best. i just get my fix twice a year at races. i was able to catch practice for the chicago show the last few years because our tradeshow coincided, i really need to make it out there for the actual show.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/voFthKMTYuX3EU7T6

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

i wish i could watch them. they're the best. i just get my fix twice a year at races. i was able to catch practice for the chicago show the last few years because our tradeshow coincided, i really need to make it out there for the actual show.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/voFthKMTYuX3EU7T6

If I didn't have to work today I would have tried to get out for a bike ride or run somewhere in the viewing area. The weather is absolutely perfect for watching. 

• Like 1

You wear a mask on your walks??

I do now (last few days). Don’t really need it for the most part as I try to stay away from high pedestrian areas. But cyclists actually do suck at giving you space. Actually more of a statement thing I guess. Yeah I look weird but this is the new normal for a while. Gets lots of stares but I stare back and wave

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I do now (last few days). Don’t really need it for the most part as I try to stay away from high pedestrian areas. But cyclists actually do suck at giving you space. Actually more of a statement thing I guess. Yeah I look weird but this is the new normal for a while. Gets lots of stares but I stare back and wave

Right on I was one of the first to wear a mask inside stores.  There was just a mini police parade in front of my work.  A few cars even pulled over on the street and held up signs.  

• Like 1