Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

10 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

re: the pence photo, how tinfoily is it to think that he's not wearing a mask because he already had it and has recovered and thus now has immunity, and doesn't think he needs one?

I'll raise the tin foiliness and speculate that he has already had an early vaccine only available to the ultra-wealthy and politicians, which is why he was not wearing a mask.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

I'll raise the tin foiliness and speculate that he has already had an early vaccine only available to the ultra-wealthy and politicians, which is why he was not wearing a mask.  

i was gonna say the same thing. either that or they have some sort of blood transfusions stored up that would last them some crazy amount of time until one is developed (though i have no idea if medically that would do anything).

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

i was gonna say the same thing. either that or they have some sort of blood transfusions stored up that would last them some crazy amount of time until one is developed (though i have no idea if medically that would do anything).

I don’t believe that..look at Boris Johnson in the UK he almost died.   I think the PA attorney general should wear a mask when she gives briefings.  She wouldn’t look as much like a man. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t believe that..look at Boris Johnson in the UK he almost died.   I think the PA attorney general should wear a mask when she gives briefings.  She wouldn’t look as much like a man. 

UK isn't on our level plus he prob got it before people really thought it was as bad as it is.

also ....angry replies incoming.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The PA attorney general definitely looks like a man. I agree with you on that.

1032.jpg.418a713c8649f7c15231a9ee5b1fbc7e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pence can't wear a mask because Donnie doesn't wear a mask. It's about staying on message and it's an election year. 
We have found ourselves in a most unfortunate position. We are essentially asking the question who do we want to die and how. Additionally if possible which path leads to less suffering. 
If we remember this whole thing was about flattening the curve but then people got really scared because its natural to lose our collective shit when the whole world is endlessly bleating about the Rona and all of life has seemingly changed. So now half the country wants to stay locked down and the other half doesn't. Both will claim moral superiority and endlessly virtual signal online because that's what Americans actually truly love, not freedom or fucking George Washington but feeling superior to others. Its all the same shit it always is, what most aligns with all the shit already in there head. A millennial with a shit job and a shit life with no meaningful social interaction loves the lock down. They have done nothing but all the sudden never leaving your home makes you a hero plus they love something they think will make rich people less rich. Meanwhile suzy q chapstick can't get her hair did and actually being around Kaydin and Noah all day makes her want to put a bullet in her head so it's either drink or bars, probably both. Her husband, probably a Liam has to pay for this whole mess and keep everybody happy but aww fuck GDP just fell 40% in q2 so paying the mortgage is going to be a real mystery. Everybody's hopes and dreams and life is being crushed. Which is not nearly as bad as all the fucking poor people all over this world and in this country that will flat out starve and die as other hairless monkeys dump millions of tons of food into the ocean because well it's fucking corn and corn has its own entirely differnt set of economic rules that pretty much work for nobody.
So who is it ? You want the old people to die or you want alot of other potentially much larger group of people to die ? Who's right ?
Turns out like the real answer to everything they both are and aren't. Either way people suffer, mostly unnecessarily though plenty will have 0 choice. Can we actually science our way to the right answer in this place as to which way less people suffer ? Maybe but its a guess that may only happen to end up right. GA could open everything up and be completely irresponsible and yet at the same time nothing meaningful may occur.
My answer to all of this is the same it was 4 weeks ago or whenever it was. You lost like 40 fucking years ago when we all couldn't act like adults and take one tiny slice out of our collective pockets and build a system that doesn't have to have a strict environment in order to function at a basic level. This economy only works when it fully works, minor interruptions ripple through layers in ways we don't even fully comprehend. Global is the only way but if we admit for example that we cannot forsee an earth quake that creates a tsunami that causes a nuclear plant to melt down which stops the only global supplier of certain automotive pigments than is it not reasonable to decouple the system in tiny but reasonable ways. To build a nation that has a social safety net of meaningful proportions so that in something like this we don't have to ask who the fuck it is we want to kill because you can turn down the economy 40% and nobody starves. We become more free not less free, free to not have our heath care tied to a fucking job, free to have people chill for a month and not have half the fucking country lose their shit because their rightly worried about their continued existence. All you 2A dudes apparently never read the rest of the doc because there are no less than about a billion unconstitutional things occurring right now that we never even talked about. 
Buts that's fucking Communism smarty pants ! Like Norway and their 2%ownership of the entire worlds stocks and bonds or red Switzerland and their token ring barter system that regulates prices for basic goods in times of economic peril. Can you imagine what would happen to our children if we were 5% more like Switzerland ? Fucking Thomas Jefferson and Ronnie Raygun would be rolling around in their graves.  Certainly can't have that conversation. Wasn't there a presidential candidate that was talking about this and had a message that directly spoke to this kind of stuff? That's right he's too old and crazy though it didn't matter anyway because one of our two parties is somehow even bigger cowards than the other one that elected an orange reality tv star that can't read and shafted him like they did 4 years ago. 
We go through this like every 6months, Iraq, 2008, Rona it's all the same fucking message that we just ignore. Our system is shit, not all of it and we need to actually learn the lesson. Not the lessons of how to fight Rona or counter insurgency in pashto lawless lands but the big lesson, how to build a society that copes better with all of this shit and creates less of it in the first place. I don't care who you are or what your politics are you cannot tell me this is it, look around, this is as good as it gets ? Or what we still need that less 10% left out of hummanity to kick the economy into overdrive and everything magically becomes shangrila ?
PS Actual rich people won't get less rich in this, all your shit or more accurately shit that used to be someones shit just got 40% cheaper. 

Want to point out majority of Americans support the shutdown

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/23/843175656/8-in-10-americans-support-covid-19-shutdown-kaiser-health-poll-finds
  • Like 2