Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I am afraid that as a society we are going to fail this test.  I had to take a truck for a test drive, and not to sound racist, but every landscape truck i saw with 2-4 guys in it, none had masks on, then the other crew i saw doing mulch, none of them had masks on.  We should be back in quarantine shortly.  I guess at this point, i just need to look out for numero uno.  (me)

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I am afraid that as a society we are going to fail this test.  I had to take a truck for a test drive, and not to sound racist, but every landscape truck i saw with 2-4 guys in it, none had masks on, then the other crew i saw doing mulch, none of them had masks on.  We should be back in quarantine shortly.  I guess at this point, i just need to look out for numero uno.  (me)

I agree with you.  Now that I’m back at work I’ve realized social distancing has ended.  I’m coming in contact with a lot more people now.  This will be bad again in the summer

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I agree with you.  Now that I’m back at work I’ve realized social distancing has ended.  I’m coming in contact with a lot more people now.  This will be bad again in the summer

I agree. I think these states that are opening up will see a surge. Unfortunately, it will take about 2 weeks to see it and the spread will be even greater.

34 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

As long as you don’t have any Mexicans working for you, you’ll be good but this virus is hitting the black and brown and poor the hardest.  It’s every man for themselves.  Most aren’t wearing masks outdoors though at least the landscaping types. You say we should be back in quarentine shortly??  Was quarentine even lifted...last I checked we’re still in lockdown except for golf courses and construction. I’m not allowed to meet with customers and my business officially isn’t allowed to be open even though we’ve been working on the sly all along 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

100% how have things been at your dealership?? Miraculously we had an ok April thanks to a lot of our dealers and doing deliveries as normal..the one cemetery our guy was in today in Philly has said they’ve done a record amount of burials this week...

Busy enough that I wouldnt be surprised if I caught Covid-19

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Busy enough that I wouldnt be surprised if I caught Covid-19

You’d probably end up asymtymatic and end up just spreading it around.  The fact that most who are dying from this are in nursing homes is a little bit reassuring although a few younger people have died from this.   TP4 they sell the N95 masks at GNC...biggest pet peeve is when I see people with masks pulled down a little exposing their nostrils. 

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

As long as you don’t have any Mexicans working for you, you’ll be good but this virus is hitting the black and brown and poor the hardest.  It’s every man for themselves.  Most aren’t wearing masks outdoors though at least the landscaping types. You say we should be back in quarentine shortly??  Was quarentine even lifted...last I checked we’re still in lockdown except for golf courses and construction. I’m not allowed to meet with customers and my business officially isn’t allowed to be open even though we’ve been working on the sly all along 

Probably a good half of our employees are from Guatemala.  Just a few actual Mexicans.  Are the Guatemalans ok in your silly logic?

Trust me when i say this Doug, they were the ones that showed up Monday morning with their own masks.  Its a bunch of our other guys that seem to think they are invincible, or they are just dumber than i thought they were.  

I would rest most of the blame on the employer for the people i saw out working without a mask.  

• Like 5

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

1208 new positives in PA. Down from yesterday but still... 1208 new positives.

I knew you’d beat me to the number today. Nice work.  My prediction is it goes down this weekend and back up next week.  I. Two-three weeks will go up a lot..I hope I’m wrong but like 2-3 times more people out and about this week. 

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Probably a good half of our employees are from Guatemala.  Just a few actual Mexicans.  Are the Guatemalans ok in your silly logic?

Trust me when i say this Doug, they were the ones that showed up Monday morning with their own masks.  Its a bunch of our other guys that seem to think they are invincible, or they are just dumber than i thought they were.  

I would rest most of the blame on the employer for the people i saw out working without a mask.  

Hey they’re the people that work hard...I had two situations where people got way close to me.  One I was at deli counter standing about two feet behind the counter and some guy squeezed right in front of me.  Another time when paying for something some guy was like two feet behind me where they have duct tape lines on the floor and I looked at his feet and looked at the line and he moved back.   Everybody is on edge.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I knew you’d beat me to the number today. Nice work.  My prediction is it goes down this weekend and back up next week.  I. Two-three weeks will go up a lot..I hope I’m wrong but like 2-3 times more people out and about this week. 

You can be the official daily stat guy if you wish.

This weekend with the beautiful weather forecast scares the shit out of me. I guess it's fine to be outside while social distancing, wearing a mask etc. but I'm not at all confident that most people will do that.
  • Like 1

i wish people would be as interested in the numbers for people who will be economically or psychologically damaged into perpetuity from this. the mental health fallout is going to dwarf covid deaths.

a story about john and jane with two kids, who were already struggling before everything went to shit, and what their life is like after things are relaxed, when they are homeless and unemployed, isn't as glamorous as the incessant 'in this together!' virtue signaling.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

i wish people would be as interested in the numbers for people who will be economically or psychologically damaged into perpetuity from this. the mental health fallout is going to dwarf covid deaths.

a story about john and jane with two kids, who were already struggling before everything went to shit, and what their life is like after things are relaxed, when they are homeless and unemployed, isn't as glamorous as the incessant 'in this together!' virtue signaling.

The "in this together" crap is stupid. So is the clapping and cheering for essential workers and healthcare professionals. Get people the things that they need. I'm glad I don't currently have any financial troubles but I can't image how hard this hits some people. Especially because it has been how long now and I haven't received my Donald dollars. For those who need it wtf are they doing?

38 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You can be the official daily stat guy if you wish.

This weekend with the beautiful weather forecast scares the shit out of me. I guess it's fine to be outside while social distancing, wearing a mask etc. but I'm not at all confident that most people will do that.

I don’t care I just like quoting yesterday’s numbers vs today’s.  I only wear a mask in stores...and when I walk through hallway in hotel. 

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The "in this together" crap is stupid. So is the clapping and cheering for essential workers and healthcare professionals. Get people the things that they need. I'm glad I don't currently have any financial troubles but I can't image how hard this hits some people. Especially because it has been how long now and I haven't received my Donald dollars. For those who need it wtf are they doing?

I saw a good meme recently for United's "in this together" marketing campaign...."we weren't in this together when my bag was 52lbs"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

wtf are they doing

my guess is that they are praying to god that people not in their shoes will start weighing the ultra slim potential of dying from covid vs the very real potential of being destitute.

and it's Trumpbux™

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I got the Corona bucks right away and not only don’t I need that money I don’t feel like I deserve it but I sort of feel like it’s payment for putting up with some disruptions.   The payroll protection money we received was good though...at the allentown st Luke’s yesterday a lot of Allentown cops were driving around honking their horns and the nurses and hospital workers were all on the sidewalk shoulder to shoulder watching and recording with their phones.   I think it’s stupid as fuck. 

We are not in this together..the wealthy can enjoy some extra leisure time and the poor are more likely to be exposed to both the disease and additional financial hardships.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

45 minutes ago, Benm said:

Well apparently Opium addicts can’t get treatment right now and somebody on Facebook said their mom couldn’t see oncologist...suicides always spike as well during recessions.  We’ve never been together for anything as a nation..most are selfish.