Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Geez!  Our government is getting a bit scary now, blocking Fauci from testifying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/white-house-blocking-fauci-testifying-congress-about-coronavirus-response-n1198276

Just now is when you started to realize that it is scary they have been blocking testimony?

• Like 2

Do any stargazing at Cherry Springs? I haven’t been there but it is on my list to bring my 10” reflector up there.

Been wanting to take my kids up there camping for a while. Things settle down here in a few weeks we may need to make the run.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Geez!  Our government is getting a bit scary now, blocking Fauci from testifying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/white-house-blocking-fauci-testifying-congress-about-coronavirus-response-n1198276

Oh Dr. Fauci was mentioned again in this thread that means I’m having another drink. 

• Like 2

Do any stargazing at Cherry Springs? I haven’t been there but it is on my list to bring my 10” reflector up there.

Canyon yes. Cherry Springs...not the way I want to experience it. Need to do the whole night time, bring telescope thing. Maybe this is the year.

Italy is going to ease up on their lockdown Monday with takeout food, parks and restaurants open and manufacturing workers and construction workers back on the job.  May 18 libraries and museums reopen bars and restaurants in June..school is out until September..and they got it a bit earlier than us.  As of now people on Italy can not freely travel and if they go somewhere out of their homes they must carry a formal declaration. A lot different than here.  

Italy is going to ease up on their lockdown Monday with takeout food, parks and restaurants open and manufacturing workers and construction workers back on the job.  May 18 libraries and museums reopen bars and restaurants in June..school is out until September..and they got it a bit earlier than us.  As of now people on Italy can not freely travel and if they go somewhere out of their homes they must carry a formal declaration. A lot different than here.  

They're definitely in a better position from what I can see. Here's Italy's curve vs ours.
c6a37d8fae1b13a2642ce7fc0b08f757.jpge6fa6054499d08238e2a3d9d6e0e52b0.jpg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

5C5A56D3-83EB-45FE-B800-C359661036A1.thumb.jpeg.2e7ba5c9eea809a780a49a871a70ec21.jpeg

That cracks me up too. People driving in their car alone with the windows rolled up with a mask on. I see this a lot. And it's not like they're driving from one end of a shopping center to another.What are they thinking?  But I guess it's better than the people who are not wearing masks or social distancing,

• Like 2

Thanks for the graphs they look like Giraffes..now somebody say Dr. Fauci so I can start drinking. 

You're welcome and anytime.

Side note ...I went to BK tonight for he first time in about 2 or 3 months to grab an impossible Whopper. Was very impressed... drive thru only. fully gloved and masked. They put the card reader out so I just pop my card in and out then the food is placed in bags on a glass tray. They hold the glass tray out the window and I just grab the bags and head on my way. Props BK in Brodheadsville.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You're welcome and anytime.

Side note ...I went to BK tonight for he first time in about 2 or 3 months to grab an impossible Whopper. Was very impressed... drive thru only. fully gloved and masked. They put the card reader out so I just pop my card in and out then the food is placed in bags on a glass tray. They hold the glass tray out the window and I just grab the bags and head on my way. Props BK in Brodheadsville.

That’s the new fast food drive thru experience.  I wear my mask out of respect for the FF workers when making transaction...hard for me to avoid FF when I pass a Wendy’s and a McDonald’s on my way to work.  

Hopefully you got some zesty sauce for dipping the fries or onion rings. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich