Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

A few years ago rights to the blackberry brand were purchased by TCL. TCL brought BB back running Android with the Blackberry KeyOne and the KeyTwo. They weren't bad phones and I really thought the Enterprise segment were gonna be all over it but it doesn't appear to have panned out. TCL, from what I read, won't re up on BB when it expires this year.

6473ff1521a2eaef3277967b0669e370.jpg
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

A few years ago rights to the blackberry brand were purchased by TCL. TCL brought BB back running Android with the Blackberry KeyOne and the KeyTwo. They weren't bad phones and I really thought the Enterprise segment were gonna be all over it but it doesn't appear to have panned out. TCL, from what I read, won't re up on BB when it expires this year.

6473ff1521a2eaef3277967b0669e370.jpg

Do you also have a Betamax player to watch home movies??

Do you also have a Betamax player to watch home movies??

This coming from someone who uses a 4.7 inch screen (?) phone as their only means of computing and no I never purchased the newer blackberry devices as my virtual keyboard works just fine. I was simply sharing that there have been attempts, albeit failed, to reinvigorate the BB brand recently. It wouldn't be completely unheard of to see one out in the wild.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

is security/encryption still BlackBerry's claim to fame? That's pretty much the last I heard of the brand. 

It was yes. They were pushing that pretty hard which is why, between that and the keyboard, I thought companies would be all over it for their mobile workforce.

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

is security/encryption still BlackBerry's claim to fame? That's pretty much the last I heard of the brand. 

Their claim(s) to fame, other than the fact that they have a physical keyboard that boomers still cling to, have long been surpassed by Apple.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They still have large cities...

I know, cities are in a different category. Rural counties and smaller municipalities are completely different. If I were to rank places where we focus attention it would be as such: 

Nursing Homes>Major US Cities with High Density>Major US Metro Areas>Big Cities with Less Density>Big Metro Areas>Dense Counties>Low Density Rural Towns (hubs for the surrounding countryside)> Rural Counties with no major population centers

We are already limiting travel and that would need to keep up so that areas at the end of that list don't get people from the front of the list going there and spreading the virus. Summit County is probably fairly OK but it won't be for long if we all scoot out there to play skis. 

Edited by Schif