Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

30 minutes ago, Benm said:

if you like black coffee, never go to dunkin. they only get away with shit coffee because they add a ton of milk and sugar to it. wawa is mediocre. as much as i hate the starbucks aura, it's the only decent place near here (20 min) with good black coffee.

lmao at waiting for beer releases.

Agree 100% with your coffee assessment. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because I’m not a regular coffee drinker I get pretty caffeined up off coffee and espresso.  Usually I’ll drink a sugar free red bull before I go to karaoke for extra wings. The one Mexican cold brew they sell at Whole Foods is pretty good..it’s slightly sweet and sort of a cinnamon flavor. 

That Mexican cold brew sounds good. Is it pre-made or is it made to order?

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That line is nuts. Shit I get angry if I get up before the coffee starts to auto brew. Always nice to wake up to fresh pot rather than wait.

we were gifted a keurig and i miss auto brew and a legitimate amount of coffee so much. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because I’m not a regular coffee drinker I get pretty caffeined up off coffee and espresso.  Usually I’ll drink a sugar free red bull before I go to karaoke for extra wings. The one Mexican cold brew they sell at Whole Foods is pretty good..it’s slightly sweet and sort of a cinnamon flavor. 

black + a shot. only way to go. mexicoffee is decent for a little change of pace but just a cup or two will do.

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Agree 100% with your coffee assessment. 

what about the beer release part?

edit: @GrilledSteezeSandwich - have you ever tried Bang? I used to drink SFRB too, but this is way better and SF. please don't make some joke about the name.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

I've never waited in line for a beer release.  I know people that used to wait in line all day for new Tired Hands releases.  I drink a lot of iced coffee...usually make a pot of coffee at night, then put it in the fridge after it cools down and drink it the next day. 

Drove past a few grocery stores earlier and they were completely mobbed...people buying stuff for Mothers day I guess

Edited by PSUFly

56 minutes ago, Benm said:

we were gifted a keurig and i miss auto brew and a legitimate amount of coffee so much. 

black + a shot. only way to go. mexicoffee is decent for a little change of pace but just a cup or two will do.

what about the beer release part?

edit: @GrilledSteezeSandwich - have you ever tried Bang? I used to drink SFRB too, but this is way better and SF. please don't make some joke about the name.

I’ve heard of bang but never seen it.  Do they sell it at mini markets??  I did try cocaine energy drink and it was nasty.  

Oh i forgot tomorrow is mother’s day..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve heard of bang but never seen it.  

I know that the sunoco around here has it, along with an exxon. not sure if they have an agreement with the manufacturer or not but i'd start there. those are the 16oz cans. My wife showed me some energy shot style, like a bigger 5hr energy bottle. I'm waiting for someone to start using it for mixed drinks. itd be like 4loko 2.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

...it’s slightly sweet and sort of a cinnamon flavor. 

We buy whole bean and grind it fresh, nothing beats the flavor.  I typically add cinnamon to the grounds and depending upon the day, I’ll add cayenne pepper, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, smoked chipotle, etc. too.  The spices add a hint of flavor not normally encountered in your typical store coffee.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Keurig coffee is to coffee like store bought bagels are to @tarponhead homemade bagels!

Forgot about the bagel posts a whil ago, meant to chime in. Best bagel store hands down is the bagel exp in brodheadsville. The key is the water. I was told they truck in NYC public water for production. 

That's not to discredit tarponheads, I'm sure those are amazing. Baking pics are on point. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Benm said:

Forgot about the bagel posts a whil ago, meant to chime in. Best bagel store hands down is the bagel exp in brodheadsville. The key is the water. I was told they truck in NYC public water for production. 

That's not to discredit tarponheads, I'm sure those are amazing. Baking pics are on point. 

Yeah, he’s only working with Jersey water!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I was able to get an antibody test today due to my roommate being in law enforcement, both of us tested negative, 

My dad got one last week, but he’s not in law enforcement nor is my mom.  They’re available to anyone to here 🤷‍♂️

He too was negative.

We buy whole bean and grind it fresh, nothing beats the flavor.  I typically add cinnamon to the grounds and depending upon the day, I’ll add cayenne pepper, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, smoked chipotle, etc. too.  The spices add a hint of flavor not normally encountered in your typical store coffee.

That's sounds amazing. Bring some to the lot one morning.
  • Like 2