Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 hours ago, Benm said:

Yah my wife and I were talking about that. We were wondering how many will gun it after the S/F line lol. 

That's great though, something nice in the middle of all of this. I feel bad for them. 

Hopefully the shit heads in the area that just complain about the traffic twice a year will realize the track does bring in $$ to the area, and can be used for good and not evil.  And i will say no way to there being an audience at the first Pocono date.  Maybe the second, but thats usually only a few weeks behind the first one.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

What about the affordable part?

That car is definitely affordable, since i think the design team was a group of toddlers

.  i think i have more in ski gear than that car is worth.  I want to clarify my sentence......it should say "maybe rent some type of sporty supercar?  the Corvette is probably the car that would be the most affordable sporty supercar that would be easily obtained.  

Edited by JFskiDan

34 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Hopefully the shit heads in the area that just complain about the traffic twice a year will realize the track does bring in $$ to the area, and can be used for good and not evil.  And i will say no way to there being an audience at the first Pocono date.  Maybe the second, but thats usually only a few weeks behind the first one.  

I don't think there is a second one. If I recall, they decided to run both races in the same weekend this year. This was before all of the Corona stuff too.

Interesting article pasted below. Explains why they decided to push for the Doubleheader  this year. One of the reasons seems to be that they can get two races in on one weekend and then NBC can have a few weeks off from NASCAR to air the Olympics. With the Olympics cancelled and NASCAR seeming to be trying to come back one would think that they can go back to the status quo of doing two races on two weekends, but with no fans what's the point of doing that? 

The decisions behind all the sports leagues right now is fascinating. 

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/03/30/nascar-cup-series-why-did-pocono-raceway-doubleheader/

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1

Just now, Schif said:

I don't think there is a second one. If I recall, they decided to run both races in the same weekend this year. This was before all of the Corona stuff too.

Interesting article pasted below. Explains why they decided to push for the Doubleheader  this year. One of the reasons seems to be that they can get two races in on one weekend and then NBC can have a few weeks off from NASCAR to air the Olympics. With the Olympics cancelled and NASCAR seeming to be trying to come back one would think that they can go back to the status quo of doing two races on two weekends, but with no fans what's the point of doing that? 

The decisions behind all the sports leagues right now is fascinating. 

Wow, thats really interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I would think this might help to give @RidgeRacer some more track time possibly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Maybe borrow @saltyant’s car. 

I only paid $11,000 and it had 17,747 miles on it. Plus it gets me from one location to another cheaper than most other cars. I can fit a bike, skis, and another passenger at the same time. That's pretty bad ass. Efficiency and cost are the most important aspects of selecting a car. It's just another appliance like a washing machine or a refrigerator. Maybe one day I'll even clean all the crumbs out.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You assholes take it to the car thread before I start blabbering about the logistics of the death industry...

I would not really be upset if there was a death industry logistics thread. 

Always keep learning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I only paid $11,000 and it had 17,747 miles on it. Plus it gets me from one location to another cheaper than most other cars. I can fit a bike, skis, and another passenger at the same time. That's pretty bad ass. Efficiency and cost are the most important aspects of selecting a car. It's just another appliance like a washing machine or a refrigerator. Maybe one day I'll even clean all the crumbs out.

What kind of car did you have before the Sonic?  

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

I would not really be upset if there was a death industry logistics thread. 

Always keep learning

Oh yeah you do logistics...supply chain management is definitely interesting. I’m a marketing guy but more and more of my job involves purchase orders, scheduling deliveries and negotiating better pricing on  stock and sandblast.  

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Girasol Restuarant & the ASSHOLE | John J Nazarian

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow you’re very loyal to Chevrolet.  My first car was a 1990 Jetta I paid $4,000 for it in 1995. 

I also paid $4,000 for my first car, but it was in '96.  

1989 Ford Ranger.